Rocketry forum archives question!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billeblurzz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was a frequent past poster to this forum and enjoyed the hobby enormously years ago. I enjoy looking at some of my past entries in the "archives?" and wondered why the images can not be enlarged...is this to somehow save space on the website?...as I am not computer savvy I have wondered about this. Of course I am grateful to even be able to visit those past entries! Thanks to everyone again!

I think the links to images got hosed when the TRF 1.0 was recovered. I have looked at some old posts and there were no images at all. If you remember, TRF 1.0 crashed and for a time was totally lost.

I think the links to images got hosed when the TRF 1.0 was recovered. I have looked at some old posts and there were no images at all. If you remember, TRF 1.0 crashed and for a time was totally lost.
Possibly that, and many of the links were hosted by one of the offsite services that recently said if you have over x amount of photos it will cost you and the links are now broken.

Possibly that, and many of the links were hosted by one of the offsite services that recently said if you have over x amount of photos it will cost you and the links are now broken.

I was referring to the native photos hosted by TRF but, yes, that could be what the OP was seeing.

Do you have a particular thread with these images? I could take a look and see if it tells me anything in the back end controls.

It has been a long time since I looked for old threads but I am reasonably sure this is one of them https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?71395-Harpoon-AGM-84A-Model&highlight=harpoon

HOWEVER, since I looked, two oddities have popped up. Instead of blank TRF thumbnails, there are funky links (kinda links but not really). PLUS, Carl Tulanko's name (CTulanko) has been replaced by "Austin". Now I know I'm in the twilight zone. I checked his thread when I built my Harpoon in 2012. Don't remember who owned TRF at that time.

Thanks for the replies! Yes the posts show the thumbnail photo but when you click on them to enlarge there is no photo. I did not know of the original rocketry forum crash...I last posted about 2007. Wow the hobby has changed since then...and I thought Estes was about to go out of business! I left the hobby because I lost my launch field to a golf course...but I would like to take up launching again there anyway! I just have so many rockets already built...in the hundreds!...that I probably won't build any more....Yea right!!!

Back