Tomorrow is the Big Day

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H_Rocket

Death by Powerpoint
Reaction score
I finally break a 57 year streak. I have made it this far in life keeping surgeons (who are really nice people) safely outside of my body where I strongly think they belong. Tomorrow at 11 I end up face down in an OR undergoing spinal surgery. An L4-L5 laminectomy and instrumented fusion. This has been a lousy year for bike riding with a fractured patella in March and my spine going catty-wumpus in late July.

Next year is gonna be better!

I finally break a 57 year streak. I have made it this far in life keeping surgeons (who are really nice people) safely outside of my body where I strongly think they belong. Tomorrow at 11 I end up face down in an OR undergoing spinal surgery. An L4-L5 laminectomy and instrumented fusion. This has been a lousy year for bike riding with a fractured patella in March and my spine going catty-wumpus in late July.

Next year is gonna be better!

Praying you have a safe, successful procedure with desired results.

May your docs have an extremely successful day at work tomorrow. Best wishes on healing well and quickly.

I had a micro-disc-ectomy about twenty five years ago (hardly seems possible that it was that long) but for me, and many people that I have known, waking up after surgery felt better, even with post-op pain, than we did before the surgery. I hope your experience is as good, or better.

Prayers.

This is all going to go perfectly for you Al..
Similar to other surgeries where pain is involved before the surgery
you're going to feel better after then before the surgery..
I can't wait to fly with you next year Al..
I'll see you at Higgs or in Potter for sure..
A speedy and an easy recovery for you..

Teddy

May the scalpel be sharp, the drugs be temporary, and the recovery be swift!

get someone with a sharpy to draw a dashed line on your back with "cut here" over it! :D

You're lucky. I've had 8 major surgeries, starting when I was 10. Plus an uncounted number of outpatient surgeries and procedures. I pray that you make a fast and full recovery, and this is the last surgery you have to experience.

Best of luck on that! To date, I've had 5 back surgeries, and am fused from S1-all the way to T2. Not fun. But, I can walk again.

Phil L.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Al! Make sure you are given a prescription for a good muscle relaxant. And take it easy! Recovery from back surgeries can take a long time - don't push it.

Good luck Al. You should take a nice long cruise to someplace warm to speed recovery ;)

Prayers and best wishes for surgical success and a prompt recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Good luck sir; and I hope it is another 57 years before you need a surgeon again.

I wish you luck, from my and friends experiences, the only reason to have a surgeon touch your back is if you absolutely cannot live without it, as the success rate is about 50% that it makes you better and 50% that it makes things worse.....Hope it is the former for you.

Good to hear that he seems to be progressing well.

Al, turning 57 myself recently I have come to celebrate the surgical experience (-NOT).

Get well quick!

From the Ether...

His wife posted this earlier today on FB:

Just arrived and found Alton sitting up. He was doing so well they let him up early. He even took a short walk. Still likely looking at a Saturday release.

His wife posted this earlier today on FB: Just arrived and found Alton sitting up. He was doing so well they let him up early. He even took a short walk. Still likely looking at a Saturday release.
Yay! :)

His wife posted this earlier today on FB:

Just arrived and found Alton sitting up. He was doing so well they let him up early. He even took a short walk. Still likely looking at a Saturday release.

Excellent. Home for Christmas!

Yep,, I sure hope he gets home for Christmas..
Glad to hear you're doing well Al..
Hurry up back ..

Teddy

Back