Tomorrow is the Big Day

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm not sure if the easy part or the hard part is done. From what I understand, I was on the bench for right about six hours. The surgeon told us it was a bit more challenging than he expected. Apparently the cyst had ballooned up and basically taken every bit of space in the joint. he had to scrape the pieces out and then remove the bone segments and fuse the joint.

Looks like I have a bit of a ways to go for healing.

Well, I'm not sure if the easy part or the hard part is done. From what I understand, I was on the bench for right about six hours. The surgeon told us it was a bit more challenging than he expected. Apparently the cyst had ballooned up and basically taken every bit of space in the joint. he had to scrape the pieces out and then remove the bone segments and fuse the joint.

Looks like I have a bit of a ways to go for healing.

Al, glad you got through the surgery ok. The recovery is probably going to take a while. Listen to the docs, and work hard in rehab.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Yeah Al,,
What Mark said,,
The worst is over,,
each day will get a little bit better from now on..
You just do what the doc tells you too..
It sure is nice to see you back ta typin,, lol..

Teddy

Well, rats…

Went for my two week check up today, and they're not happy with the way it is healing. They're going to take another stab at it (yeah, I meant that), and look at a better way to ensure the incision closes correctly. Kind of irritating, as I was really making good physical progress. I had planned to go home after the doctor visit today and have a go at some fillets that I've been stalling on. I've been readmitted, and I am waiting for them to pull all the pieces together for surgery round two. Told the surgeon that I think it's only fair that I be allowed to bring a knife in the room this time too.

Have I said rats recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Al,,
You're making fantastic progress..
This is going to set you back exactly how long ??
It's absolutely nothing in the big picture..
Do not sweat this in the least..
Time will go by just as fast as it always does and this will be long done and over...

Teddy

I'm really sorry to hear that. I'll say another prayer or two.

Back