Last Jedi Movie Discussion Thread: SPOILERS Enter At Your Own Risk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is it that X-wings have destroyed two Death Stars in 30 years and they still can't manage to design a fixed gun mount for Star Destroyers that is fast enough to track a X-wing at a reasonable distance or armored heavily enough to withstand its fire?

Seriously, nobody a long time ago in a galaxy far away ever heard of R2D2?

300px-Phalanx_CIWS_test_fire_-_081107-N-5416W-003.jpg

OTOH, did anybody notice what was in the drawer (or at least what I think I saw there) under the bed that Rose was resting in at the end?

I agree Nytrunner. And up until post #85 the thread has been civil and pretty much on topic. On occasion someone has to come by and poke folks with a stick though; and make a comment that adds nothing to the thread; and not discuss the movie at all; and remind folks who do not need reminding that the movie isn't real; and just generally derail the thread. I never said I didn't like any of the Star Wars movies. I never said the movie sucks. I never said it has any affect on my life whatsoever. I fail to see how any of my previous statements would lead anyone to infer any of those statements. Seems to me someone just happened by and wanted to disrupt the thread; and I inadvertently helped him do it. So my apologies and I will not disrupt the thread further. The man with the stick can do what he wants.

I really am not sure how anything I said could be construed as non civil. I have been reading the thread and I commented. Sorry if I offended anyone with a little opinion and a little joking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

OTOH, did anybody notice what was in the drawer (or at least what I think I saw there) under the bed that Rose was resting in at the end?

Was that the glimpse of the books from the torched Jedi Temple?

On an arbitrary note, "They hate that ship" was my favorite line from the movie.

Was that the glimpse of the books from the torched Jedi Temple?

On an arbitrary note, "They hate that ship" was my favorite line from the movie.

Yes, those were the old jedi texts. Notice when Yoda calls down the lightning, starts the tree on fire and Luke freaks out, Yoda tells him there's nothing in there Rey doesn't already know. Rey must've grabbed them when Luke wasn't looking.

Just found out Rey and Hux are main characters in February's Peter Rabbit animated film. If I watch it I'm probably going to be smirking the whole time waiting for a lightsaber to get pulled.

I got some screen caps of the Holdo the Hero scene from this video: [video=youtube;p09c0MXDxto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09c0MXDxto[/video]

1 throttles.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Rather like an expanding bullet, interesting.

I had an idea the other day that that would make a cool blacklight poster.

As if you were looking at the scene from directly above:
-In normal light, you'd see the 1st order fleet at the top firing down the poster at the Raddus and the transports.
-In UV, everything would be blacked out except the panel outlines of the 1st order fleet, and the bright blue particle sspray of the impact (like your last picture)

8.5.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

11.jpg 12.jpg

14.jpg 16.jpg

18.jpg 20.jpg 22.jpg

If you look in the 1st pic in this post, that particle spray includes a pretty hefty chunk of engine. It was hard for me to catch everything that was going on in the scene. I thought maybe some of the light was just reflecting off the other destroyers. Turns out Laura Der doesn't just tear Snoke a new wing hole, the bits of ship (particle spray) at light speed tears through a good number of the destroyers in position behind the ship. A few remain untouched, which must be the ones that sent the forces down to the salt/red planet.

Back