Semroc kit instructions as downloadable pdfs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tramper Al

Reaction score
I really miss the availability of downloadable pdf instructions sheets for Semroc models. They were so useful before purchase for working out just what parts were included and how they went together. Great for kit bashing plans too. After purchase it was nice to be able to refer to the pdf version for years to come. Heck, even Estes provides pdfs for many of their kits.

Yes I downloaded a bunch of these while Semroc was still Semroc, and I know it may sound like a small thing - but also a very small burden for the new Semroc to provide on their product pages. For newly released Semroc kits, it would be super helpful (increase sales too) if buyers could work out what they were contemplating buying, how faithful the designs are to the originals, that sort of thing.

Just my opinion.

Email Randy at eRockets to ask if he can make this happen. Just my opinion.

You're right, the newer Semroc models don't have the instruction pdfs and Rocsim files on the product description page. Fortunately, that's only about 7 models or so. The majority of the Semroc models sold by erockets are older ones, and their pdf AND Rocsim files are still available here:https://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/default.asp
I e-mailed Randy Boadway a few months ago about missing images for many of his Semroc parts, particularly nose cones. A few weeks later most of the parts had images! Hard to make a purchase when you don't know what a part looks like. A description is not like a picture. And you're right, it definitely affects sales. Why don't you e-mail Randy, it seems like he's open to suggestions.

Back