Kicking around my next scratch build.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
actually want to use up some parts I have laying around and do something off the wall. Maybe a 3" 3x24 cluster with 3 fins and spin tabs? Through the walls fins 3/16" balsa. I'll play around with the numbers on RS and see what I come up with?

Oh yeah and wicked cool paint job...the kind that makes you drool and where you can comb your hair in it from across the street.

Another thought is I could do a kit bash. Like maybe the Dynastar Rip Roar which is a two stage rocket. Cut the fins and add the tabs and maybe cluster the kit? Might actually be cheaper to do it that way?

I find when I rummage around in my parts box, pieces kinda 'fall into place'.. And the rocket kinda builds itself. I just apply glue to 'freeze it in time'.

same with paint.. I'll rummage around in my paint box, and the right colours will come up.. I might have to buy a new can, because a certain colour is calling, or a colour is low, but its all a calling. The pieces & paint know they want to be together..

Back