A Teacher needs help with Open Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the user hovers the mouse over the list simulations a text box appears saying simulation is out of date for old sims not running.

But if you don't HAVE a mouse because you need accessibility features, then it's meaningless what a mouse does.

Sampo is the copyright holder for OpenRocket and would be the only person who would be able to fill out this documentation.

To the best of my knowledge there are not features within Open Rocket to support various disabilities. There is not a single developer that really owns OR so getting a definitive answer is unlikely.

John, I would have the teacher read the thread for what it is worth. I do not think the form will be able to be filled/answered.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Thanks everyone for all of your help. The teacher in question did indeed visit this thread to see all of your replies. Below, with her name redacted (because I never asked permission to post it) is her reply.

Thank you so much for posting on your forum. I did go in and read the comments and made notes of the suggestions per the forum but did not document them as actual comments on the form - more of an attachment for our techs when reviewing the product.

One thing I would like to clarify, just in response to a couple of the questions/comments, we do not have this form completed only for the purpose of procurement. We complete this form for any digital application/software that is used with students or staff in our district and our techs will not install any products until this form is on file.

The answers do not all need to meet the criteria however we need to be able to show what areas do and/or do not meet compliance or at least be able to show that we have done our due diligence in attempting to get this information. The answers on this checklist will not prohibit us from using the product, but it will ensures that if a student or staff is unable to use the product we are aware prior to the time of instruction and will have the necessary instructional alternatives in places so that instruction is not delayed for any student. As a school district we are committed to providing a safe and engaging environment for our students by maintaining compliance with Federal and State regulations for assistive technologies under Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended 1998.

Here is a link (https://www2.ed.gov/fund/contract/apply/clibrary/software.html) that we use with our Compliance Protocols that we send to building administrators that may also provide some more insight for why I requested this information.

Again, I thank you and your forum very much for all the time you put into my request.

The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
–Dr. Seuss

Thank you all for helping this teacher.

@The Teacher

If you need any help learning how to use OR, please don't hesitate to let me know... I know a trick or two on how to use it.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?123564-K-Tesh-s-OpenRocket-files

27231748074_da93c2d1ed_o.png

Back