inexpensive paint gun that can be used with 10 gallon compressor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solid_fuel

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for an alternative to rattle can paint. I have a 10ish gallon tank on my air compressor. It is a smaller size craftsman. Anybody have a similar setup?

I use the cheap Harbor Freight touch-up spray guns with my Porter Cable pancake compressor which is like 3 gallon cap.

Are you looking for an HVLP solution? If so there are two factors you need to consider when matching a HVLP to a gun. PSI is one of them but CFM is more important for HVLP. Keep in mind that regardless of the CFM rating you cannot deliver that to the gun if the delivery system is restricted. Also for entry level compressors you may find that the CFM they can sustain is below the majority of HVLP guns on the market. Here is a link on the topic https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...-best-practises-and-HVLP-setup&highlight=hvlp

an airbrush paints rockets just fine under about 4 in diameter. I have a larger quality automotive touch up gun that i also use for 4 in and up.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back