Whistling AGM Pike

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
hi all! My 8” madcow Pike arrived today and it is freakin awesome! I have a 4 inch cardboard version that I love and it gives off the loudest whistle I’ve ever heard. Question is, does anyone know if the 8” whistles? For whistle I would leave trailing edge of fwd and leading edge of aft fin square, but if it isn’t going to whistle I want to bevel everything for looks. I’m thinking that the 8” won’t go nearly as fast close to the ground and bc the fins are spaced further apart it may not whistle. Does anyone have experience? And does anyone have a rocksim for the 8” that they’d share and save me a few hours of time? And lastly, has anyone made this a cluster? I may or may not be able to fit 38s around the 98 but it’s damn close and thrust rings may overlap a mm or two. Any other pointers, suggestions or experiences (good bad and ugly), like chute sizes, for this beauty would certainly be appreciated. It’s heading in for an automotive paint job tomorrow, looking forward to getting started on the build. I’m 50/50 if I should build this or the 3/4 Nike Smoke or the 6” all fiberglass X15 or the 8” Formula 200 for January launch. I’ve got a lot of projects... Any votes?

Last edited:
After just finding this post I’m leaning towards X15 as well. Seems very popular and unique, especially the all fiberglass one I’ve got from Ken. https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?143762-Finally-done!-Hangar-11-6-quot-dia-X-15

But, I really want to work on one of the massive ones too. Oh the decisions life throws at us... Maybe take a leave from work and bang them all out ;). The AGM is also stretched by 5 ft up to 18ft I believe and the smoke stretched 3ft to 17ft.

I’m 50/50 if I should build this or the 3/4 Nike Smoke or the 6” all fiberglass X15 or the 8” Formula 200 for January launch. I’ve got a lot of projects... Any votes?

I say you should build all of them into one large Voltron style rocket.

I believe there is a drag race at Higgs this weekend, two of them flying on O3400's. Frank vs Gloria

I believe there is a drag race at Higgs this weekend, two of them flying on O3400's. Frank vs Gloria

That is AWESOME!!!!! Any idea if it’s saturday or Sunday? I’ve gotta see. Hopefully we can do a triple drag race in the spring!

My first observation is that this thread got lost on it's way to the Hi-power section lol.

I'd vote for the Pike. With a build thread! If it's still in production when/if I get around to L3, it's a kit I'd love to build.

Back