noob rocsim help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Reaction score
What am I missing , built and saved my rocket in rocsim with all the needed components- but when I run a flight sim with any engine it doesn't go anywhere ? Help for the helpless please . :facepalm:

1rx8g4.jpg

And yes , I had a motor in it when I ran sims
f0ooxt.jpg

View attachment my scratch.rkt

I am using Openrocket and I put a E20 motor in it & it went to 1300 feet. Have you selected a motor? I am not familiar with RocSim.
Untitled.jpg

while I am not 100% sure...I think the problem is the fins have zero mass, this is a no-no in rocsim(afaik).
Rex

Zero mass components are usually what cause problems like this.

Yup, the problem was/is zero mass fins. The problem comes from the material type selected. You selected "Custom" and then you didn't define the mass of custom. I selected "Balsa" and left everything else the way it was and selected Rerun all simulations and it worked just fin.

Take Care

So I went back in and tried to add the fin mass in the fin components - and it wont stay after I add it ...... grrrrrr

Yup, the problem was/is zero mass fins. The problem comes from the material type selected. You selected "Custom" and then you didn't define the mass of custom. I selected "Balsa" and left everything else the way it was and selected Rerun all simulations and it worked just fin.

Take Care

Doooooh :facepalm:

THANK YOU ALL . :cool::cool:

Glad to hear that there's some RocSim support here too. I was going to suggest downloading OR. :wink:

Back