Young Old Man Just Restarting in on LPR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something else you might look into is if there is a NAR chapter near you. If so, you might try making their next open launch. While flying as a family is fun, flying in a larger group can be awesome. Plus, you pick up a lot of new ideas and techniques from other fliers. Most NAR chapters love to have guest fliers, so give that a try.

And while it's very likely that I won't be there... you might run into someone you know on the forums.

We used all of the clay. I dont think i will be shooting off 2 many C motors. We shot a B6-4 yesterday in the journey. Wow it was high had to go into the neighbors cow pasture to retrieve. Not a big deal but B is gonna be our big ones for a lilwhile.

That surprised me also when I was first starting out....I would do a few A8-3s....then try a B and be shocked at how much higher it went. I mean, I sorta knew academically that a B is twice the total impulse of an A, but to actually see it.... :)

Just seeing it is right. We worked a lil on the baby bertha and the hi flyer yesterday and shot the journey and the power patrol off a couple of times. everyone had a blast literally.:) We will possibly be painting Hi flyer, Baby bertha, and Supernova sometime this week. Then depending on my ex on if we shoot off theirs this coming weekend. Supernova will most likely go up sometime this weekend. maybe Christmas eve.

Glad to hear you're getting the rockets back. That means they like you.

(I guess your reckoning makes me an Old Young man)

You guys in FL get to launch pretty much year-round. Up here in MI the high temps the coming week are predicted in the low teens. :y: :snowflake: :y:

You guys in FL get to launch pretty much year-round. Up here in MI the high temps the coming week are predicted in the low teens. :y: :snowflake: :y:

We kick things into high gear in Ohio this time of year. We moved from our low/mid power field to our high power field a couple of months ago. This is the best rocket launching time of the year!

I lived in Michigan for a few years. Im done with that cold stuff lol. Down here in florida we have issues with wind wgen it comes to launching. I think as long as we keep at a B motor maximum we should be ok here.

Back