Mach 1 Rocketry- Portia and Speed Demon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swatkat

Down these mean skies, a kat must fly!
Reaction score
I received the Mach 1 Rocketry Portia and Speed Demon today in the mail. (Got a second Portia for a co-worker). They both look like excellent kits and I've been looking for some unique dual deploy fliers.
Will do a build thread for each separately. I'm going to try and finish the Portia for the Jan 6th Snow Ranch launch. If not due to Holiday overload, it'll be Feb.20171211_084915.jpg

Will the cat be tethered to the main vehicle or come down on a separate chute?

[\jokes]

Those look cool, do you have any .ork's made up?

Can I ask how you purchased these? Their website gives me a "not accepting payments" message and there is no phone or email details under Contacts.

Neil: look at their Dagger. Those are some mighty sharp fins
Yikes!

The Portia seems to come with vinyl, which is nice; I would hope the same for the Speed Demon since it has a nice little flame-job wrap behind the nose (the info on their website is, uh, a bit "thin" for that one). Shall see soon enough I presume. :)

I just requested that their site be categorized. Can't get to it at work. Sounds interesting.

Got to love workplace network restrictions.
I can get to most rocket vendors, but can't go to e-bay!

Usually when I put in the request, I can start to use the site by the next day. I usually pick "shopping" as the primary category, and "sports/recreation" as the secondary, then put "hobby rocketry vendor" in the description.

Can I ask how you purchased these? Their website gives me a "not accepting payments" message and there is no phone or email details under Contacts.

I think they aren't quite set up for online payments yet. I was able to order by messaging the owner on facebook.. I think he said April they'd like to have it all up and going. I bought two Portias and one Speed Demon. Planning on the Portia first.

Yikes!

The Portia seems to come with vinyl, which is nice; I would hope the same for the Speed Demon since it has a nice little flame-job wrap behind the nose (the info on their website is, uh, a bit "thin" for that one). Shall see soon enough I presume. :)

Yes, it came with the vinyl. Looks awesome. I believe it is Stickershock's work.

I'm looking forward to seeing them at the Ranch!

Really hoping to get the Portia done for the 6th, but that may be optimistic with the holidays. If not, February. Was thinking a maiden voyage on I-357 or 245... Something faster but not crazy.

Back