Mongoose 38 static/vent

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrace

Reaction score
I am close to finishing my Madcow mongoose 38 and have a couple of questions for anyone that has built and flown this or similar. First stratologger and pretty much all altimeters recommend for this size avbay four .020" or one .032" static/vent holes but all the builds I read people are using much larger. Also I use pull pin type switch that requires.090" hole. On my big rockets not a problem because I can use the static hole which is much larger so if I go with the recommended holes can I just tape over the hole after activation and will the tape stay on at M1+? Second question nomaly I use plastic rivets to hold payload to avbay does anyone have a better way to do it on this rocket that is maybe less drag or is it a concern?
thanks

The recommended vent hole sizes are minimums. Having a larger vent shouldn't hurt anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Second question nomaly I use plastic rivets to hold payload to avbay does anyone have a better way to do it on this rocket that is maybe less drag or is it a concern?
thanks

On my blackhawk 38 I used set screws threaded into the av bay bulkhead, but tapping the coupler tube should work just fine as well.

Back