• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kosdon TRM 54-1400 complete motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
I find that I need to replace my hardware.

If anyone has one of these that they would like to sell, please pm me.

Last edited:
Thank you Sir.... My name is Salvage One... and I am addicted to K700's

Flew one last month. Decent reload for the price. I actually used a Gorilla case with Kosdon internals. Jim will defiantly take care of you.

Yup - club does a bulk purchase of AT through our local supplier each year. I order my KBA's at about 30% discount. One helluva motor for the price! Highly recommended.

.... and, supporting what you just posted above, as soon as I get the new hardware, I am going to get my local machinist (Mr Fisher) to clone the nozzle and bulkhead! I don't want to ruin another original case.

I was worried about the paper liner but didn't see any issues.

OK S1, I found it. I just want to verify I have the correct bulkhead. I have one about 1 5/8" tall? Based on the Performance Hobbies retail of 150$, 125$ shipped? Everything new, unfired. Bulkhead has slight nicks . Wont effect performance. I used it to remove a liner.

sorry - been in bed with some sort of xmas gift the kids brought back from school....

yes, just over 1 5/8. I will pm you my details

one BIG question.... do they come with blue tape thrust ring or do i have to provide my own... :wink:

one BIG question.... do they come with blue tape thrust ring or do i have to provide my own... :wink:

everyone knows that the "vintage" blue tape provides a more even thrust curve for a smoother flight.

External thrust ring groove already cut. Ring included.

Whoa Jim, you sacreligious non-purist you!:wink::surprised: I was told Dr. Frank was prejudical and felt that external grooves weakend a case. Heck, he's right you know but we generally get away with it anyways.
Plus I was told folks in the good old days would epoxy a thick thrust block with all-thread through the middle to screw the motor in and do the tape ring on the bottom. Those really adventurous would use aluminum tape on the bottom and
swear by the successes they had without the forward block and all-thread. Kurt

Twas there when I acquired it. Don't blame the messenger. I have tons of non thrust ring hardware. Can you say Syner-Jet?

Jim - THANK YOU....

Even though this wasnt the smoothest of Paypal transactions (coz i screwed it up!), Jim showed that he is one of the class acts in this hobby and threw in a couple of extra items that 'were taking up space' at his place.

I do believe I may have developed a fetish for gold hardware and burning their contents...

Last edited:
Back