Quiet forum these days, other than HPR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always learn things from other folks build threads. I also enjoy seeing posts that show people are still alive. (bradycros, good to see you are still with us!)
Like others, I try not to disturb the flow unless I have something important to say. I guess it is a hold over from childhood, I was to be seen (only occasionally), but definitely not heard. I try to give a compliment here and there, but admittedly am doing that less and less.
My own build threads are not of the quality that I see others present(in my opinion), so they also are a rarity.

I would hope that activity in the forum is cyclic, active for a while, with a slow down before the next storm. The question becomes do we want to ride out the slump...

My ex would disagree with you! :wink:

There’s a lot of LPR activity in the Facebook NAR group. I haven’t seen many build threads, but there’s a lot of pics of finished rockets and videos of launches. Even when the TRF photo upload is working, it’s easier to post pics and videos to Facebook.

I personally don't think the Facebook format works well for build threads. It just doesn't flow right.

I post build threads because otherwise I'm toiling alone in my basement with absolutely no one to share what I'm doing. For me that is no fun. So while I certainly hope for feedback and participation in my build threads, I'll probably keep posting them regardless. I *have* been on an ongoing quest to understand what style of build thread gains the most views and/or participation, and I haven't really figured it out yet. Seems unpredictable.

For what it's worth, I try to chime in on other build threads that I'm reading to at least acknowledge that I'm watching and appreciating what they're doing.

One thing that bugs me is that the forum format results in old threads falling off the recent thread listings and being essentially buried. I keep discovering, usually by accident, great old build threads (most recently some of Hornet Driver's). I wish they were all catalogued somewhere.

That's part of why I post build threads. I like the discussion here, and miss the days of higher activity. But i'll probably keep posting my threads.
I do like showing my builds, and am always hopeful that they'll help or inspire someone.

Whenever there is a reply or new post in a build thread, it will show up when you click on "New Posts".

Glad I'm not the only one who does that. :)

I post build threads because otherwise I'm toiling alone in my basement with absolutely no one to share what I'm doing. For me that is no fun. So while I certainly hope for feedback and participation in my build threads, I'll probably keep posting them regardless. I *have* been on an ongoing quest to understand what style of build thread gains the most views and/or participation, and I haven't really figured it out yet. Seems unpredictable.

For what it's worth, I try to chime in on other build threads that I'm reading to at least acknowledge that I'm watching and appreciating what they're doing.

One thing that bugs me is that the forum format results in old threads falling off the recent thread listings and being essentially buried. I keep discovering, usually by accident, great old build threads (most recently some of Hornet Driver's). I wish they were all catalogued somewhere.

Sleep-surfing through the 'ol forum this morning and this post woke me up for some reason. Life, like this place, is so random. Another old poster you need to look up is rosko_racer. Just a couple of his fine contributions:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?96328-Centuri-s-Early-Concept-Rocket

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?256-Goonyfication-of-the-U-S-S-Odyssey

Back