MDRA ESL 233 Dec. 16 - 17 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If AMW will be there to supply the motor, I might bite the bullet and pay the 2017 membership for the one launch so I can do my L1 cert. Been itching to get my super batray in the air that I finished a month ago.

Hey Big, and everyone else, if you need motors I will be there Saturday and maybe Sunday. I can lend you a case as well if you need. Listed below is the motor, quantity if more than one, retail price (I will reduce this by 20%, and by more if bought in bulk), and any notes such as if I opened it. Everything is sealed unless noted and has been stored in a temp and humidity controlled Safe. I’ll have the following with me:

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Aerotech bags and boxes (all sealed):[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]G104T 18[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]G75J 24[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]G54W 18[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]G77R 21[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]G79W 21[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]H165r 24[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]H123w 5 28[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]H148r 2 28[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]H242T 28[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]H238T 24[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]H128W 24[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I284w 56[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I161w 4 40[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I211w 50[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I218r 40[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I357t 40[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]J90W 2 73[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]J350W 65[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]J135W 95[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]J315W 73[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]K185W 115[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]L1150R 5 200[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]L850W 4 200[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]L1420R 260[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]M1297W 270[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Aerotech tubes:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]H268R 3 $35[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I200 3 $38[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]J500G 4, 1 opened, another 1 opened w/no packaging $65[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]J420R 2 1 opened (no packaging) $65[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]J350 2 $65[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]J270 2 1 opened $70[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]J510W 1 opened (no packaging) $90[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]K456 Dark Matter 1 opened (no packaging) $115[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Loki:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]H144 25[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]J528 52[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]J820 2 80 1 opened[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]J?? 80? (54/1200)w/no delay grain. I believe this is a Loki, don’t remember why, but it’s in an opaque cylindrical bag with just the grains and the liner, I can’t see grain well through bag but appears to be grayish possibly with chunks of metal, so maybe a j350 spitfire. If anyone can shed light on whether Loki packaged like this I’d appreciate it. If not Loki than it’s an AMW, as it’s definitely not AT.[/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:
I’m planning to brave the cold on Saturday as long as winds aren’t high. I’m planning to launch my Astrobee D 6” by 13’ on an ex L that I call Blue Fuschian for its color shift through the burn and depending on Kn. I also plan to launch a 6” Black Brant on an ex L sparkie formula that’s in development still. And then I plan to launch a handful of 4”-6” diameter rockets on less exciting motors, all ex. Most exciting is that I’ll be picking up my 3/4 Scale Nike Smoke and the 6” all fiberglass X15 from Performance Hobbies, as well as a madcow Formula 200. Damn I just realized I better save space in the car for all this! There’s a small chance I’ll be launching my new 8” AGM Pike (stretched to 17ft) with a 98mm ground start and 6 38mm airstart motors, but I think that’ll probably be a January launch unless my wife gets unsick and I can get some time away from the little ones to finish the build. See everyone Saturday and if ya need motors I’ve got em!

Last edited:
Looks like it might be windy on Saturday so I am planning my L3 cert flight for Sunday.

Looks like it might be windy on Saturday so I am planning my L3 cert flight for Sunday.

Saturday will be windy, but Higgs can handle it. Sunday looks to be cloudy, so the big question will be, what is the amount of cloud cover, and how low are they?

Looking at the weather forcast based on the temperature and due point and what I read here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_base

It looks like the clouds may only be at 2500 ft.

Sunday was forcasted to be raining but warmer. I am only going one day so I’m keeping a close eye on the weather...

Last edited:
Saturday will be windy, but Higgs can handle it. Sunday looks to be cloudy, so the big question will be, what is the amount of cloud cover, and how low are they?

My concern with the wind is the rocket getting dragged halfway across Higgs farm by its 10 ft chute after it lands. Happened to my Formula 150 at LDRS.

My concern with the wind is the rocket getting dragged halfway across Higgs farm by its 10 ft chute after it lands. Happened to my Formula 150 at LDRS.

That's why I don't paint mine any more. :grin: Seriously, though, I would volunteer to be out in the field (once we get a feel for where things are coming down), and run over and disconnect the main, if that would help.

That's why I don't paint mine any more. :grin: Seriously, though, I would volunteer to be out in the field (once we get a feel for where things are coming down), and run over and disconnect the main, if that would help.

I am still seeing winds on the order of 3-5 knots for Saturday.

Good news on Saturday winds. Even though they will be high, they will be blowing toward the direction where we launched last year (to the right, if staring at the pads from the flight line this year). So no worries about having to cross the huge ditch at the end of the field.

Still going to be darn cold!

But Sunday now appears to have clearer skies and almost NO wind. Nathan, I am sorry to miss your flight, but Sunday will be a fantastic day for certifying.

Success! Wife got a good video of the whole flight.
[video]https://youtu.be/1aMdcmRpd00[/video]

imbatman.jpg

Thanks! I promptly followed it up with my MDRM on a G125. It would appear that one likes speed, that was the straightest flight I've ever see out of my mdrm.

Congrats to everyone who certified this weekend, it was a great launch to end the year. Thanks for putting up with me as LCO on Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Don't forget the holiday party this Thursday @ 7:00.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

and congrats to the person who put on a fireworks display...I don’t know that guy...
hey Scott, any idea how I can get in touch with Peter to get the video of my epic CATO?
Good times as always at MDRA with a great bunch of guys! See you all in a few weeks!

and congrats to the person who put on a fireworks display...I don’t know that guy...
hey Scott, any idea how I can get in touch with Peter to get the video of my epic CATO?
Good times as always at MDRA with a great bunch of guys! See you all in a few weeks!

Peter posts the videos to the MDRA YouTube page after he has time to download and render, usually takes about 2 weeks.

Looking to see if anyone got any pictures of my N2400 sparky flight?

Thanks, Scott

Back