Any word on the purchases of Gorilla Motors and Polecat Aerospace?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I can tell you guys for sure Pole Cat is owned by Mad Cow. I was told this by the owner Mike who said I could pass the news on to TRF readers. They are in the process of getting the shop ready to start offering PC kits.

Great News

Nice! Now, how about Gorilla?

Yes I can tell you guys for sure Pole Cat is owned by Mad Cow. I was told this by the owner Mike who said I could pass the news on to TRF readers. They are in the process of getting the shop ready to start offering PC kits.

Great News

Excellent! A 10" Thumper would be high on my list, as well as a Wocket.

Looks like Gorilla’s website has gone down? Someone didn’t pay the bill?

That might be a bad sign, it might be a good sign if they are moving. Any word on polecat?

On a serious note, if you see motors listed in ThrustCurve.org that are no longer available, let us know so we can mark them as "OOP". (The info and sim files will still be there, but they won't come up in default searches and the motor guide.)

I emailed Michael at MC a few weeks ago with another question and about PC he said they were getting materials together for a number of the PC kit line. Michael did go through some very serious medical problems a few Months ago that has slowed things up. Hope he gets well soon.

I emailed Michael at MC a few weeks ago with another question and about PC he said they were getting materials together for a number of the PC kit line. Michael did go through some very serious medical problems a few Months ago that has slowed things up. Hope he gets well soon.

I was not aware of this Gary..
I like Mike , he's always been a stand up guy..
I sure do hope all is well for him and his as well..

Teddy

and their secretary / spokes model Sheri..
This post is old, but I just happened across it today - laughed out loud to the point my co-workers came into my office to see what was up.
Too d**m funny.

On a Mad Cow note. I noticed that their kits were being offered on Amazon the other night. Didn't see any of the kits being put together by Curtis on there though.

Doesn't seem like they've done anything with it. Anyone know if it's a dead brand?
I think only Michael Klett knows for sure. Last time I had correspondence with him, he was juts beginning to sort through the stuff he had gotten from Polecat, and he asked me if there was something in particular that I wanted. I didn't want anything at that time, but it stands to reason that if you want something, and he has it, an e-mail might get him to kit it and ship it out.

I wasn't really looking for anything, really, other than information for a pending purchase.

I have my eye on the big LOC-VII, and wanted to compare it to the PoleCat Thumper (which I've recently found an AMAZING deal on). Very little information to begin with, and lots of dead links, but the search function brought up this thread. I know that PC tubes were fiberglass wrapped and had generally good reviews, but I was wondering on the construction of the nose cones, and thickness of the fins and centering rings.

It's been 11 months since Crossfire reported that MC had aquired PC. At this point, I was wondering if anything Pole Cat to market, with the new ownership of LOC bringing more and varied large tube designs to the table with the MMAS, would only seem like repiar/scratch build/nostalgia.

Hi All,

I emailed Madcow yesterday to inquire about the Wocket and here is the reply:

"We are working diligently to get these kits introduced. The first kits to go out will probably be the 5.5”. The Wocket will come later.

Thank you,
Terri
Madcow Customer Support"

Back