Quentin Tarantino said he preferred Trek over Star Wars, now he has a film idea

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
Quentin Tarantino said he preferred Trek over Star Wars, now he has a film idea
4 Dec 2017

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017...d-trek-over-star-wars-now-he-has-a-film-idea/

This evening, both Deadline and The Hollywood Reporter dropped reports that would cut through any diehard sports- or politics fan's timeline. High aesthetic, foul-mouth dialogue auteur Quentin Tarantino reportedly has an idea for a new Star Trek movie, and he's already approached Trek cinema careholder JJ Abrams. Both entertainment outlets confirm the two now plan on bringing a writers room together for Paramount to flesh things out.

I foresee "Star Trek - Kirk Unchained" with much gratuitous violence, excessively so to the point of being humorous as in at least one instance in Django Unchained. It would be an interesting change although I doubt that the franchise would allow it.

I can totally see this.

Spock: Captain, are you aware that the indigenous population of Beta Altair 5 have a sandwich that is strikingly similar to the old earth favorite "quarter-pounder with cheese?" However, they refer to it by quite a different name.

Kirk: Oh, really, Mr. Spock? And why would someone want to ... alter ... the perfectly reasonable name "quarter-pounder with cheese?"

Spock: Due to their lack of a system of mass measurement that could be equivocated to a quarter-pound. Instead, they refer to it as a "Royale with cheese."

Kirk: I see. And what are the odds that they have also renamed the earth classic "Big Mac" to something equally irrelevant?

Spock: Very low, Captain. In fact, the odds are 100% that the Big Mac is now, and ever shall be, a Big Mac.

I can totally see this.

Spock: Captain, are you aware that the indigenous population of Beta Altair 5 have a sandwich that is strikingly similar to the old earth favorite "quarter-pounder with cheese?" However, they refer to it by quite a different name.

Kirk: Oh, really, Mr. Spock? And why would someone want to ... alter ... the perfectly reasonable name "quarter-pounder with cheese?"

Spock: Due to their lack of a system of mass measurement that could be equivocated to a quarter-pound. Instead, they refer to it as a "Royale with cheese."

Kirk: I see. And what are the odds that they have also renamed the earth classic "Big Mac" to something equally irrelevant?

Spock: Very low, Captain. In fact, the odds are 100% that the Big Mac is now, and ever shall be, a Big Mac.
"What?"

I'd go to the theater to see it. Well, a matinee, at least.

I waiting for some humor or movie review channel on YouTube to come up with what will be a hundreds of thousands or million views video entitled something like "Star Trek Tarantino" which would just be a rapid sequence of small cuts (to avoid copyright issues) of the most violent and bloody scenes from every Star Trek movie thus far.

Back