Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Quentin Tarantino said he preferred Trek over Star Wars, now he has a film idea

Quentin Tarantino said he preferred Trek over Star Wars, now he has a film idea
    4 Dec 2017

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...s-a-film-idea/

This evening, both Deadline and The Hollywood Reporter dropped reports that would cut through any diehard sports- or politics fan's timeline. High aesthetic, foul-mouth dialogue auteur Quentin Tarantino reportedly has an idea for a new Star Trek movie, and he's already approached Trek cinema careholder JJ Abrams. Both entertainment outlets confirm the two now plan on bringing a writers room together for Paramount to flesh things out.

I foresee "Star Trek - Kirk Unchained" with much gratuitous violence, excessively so to the point of being humorous as in at least one instance in Django Unchained. It would be an interesting change although I doubt that the franchise would allow it.

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." - Will Rogers

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're misinformed." - Mark Twain

I can totally see this.

Spock: Captain, are you aware that the indigenous population of Beta Altair 5 have a sandwich that is strikingly similar to the old earth favorite "quarter-pounder with cheese?" However, they refer to it by quite a different name.

Kirk: Oh, really, Mr. Spock? And why would someone want to ... alter ... the perfectly reasonable name "quarter-pounder with cheese?"

Spock: Due to their lack of a system of mass measurement that could be equivocated to a quarter-pound. Instead, they refer to it as a "Royale with cheese."

Kirk: I see. And what are the odds that they have also renamed the earth classic "Big Mac" to something equally irrelevant?

Spock: Very low, Captain. In fact, the odds are 100% that the Big Mac is now, and ever shall be, a Big Mac.

John S. ---- NAR #96911 ---- TRA #15253 ---- MDRA #067 ---- BARC #028
    L1, 3/15/14: Aerotech Sumo, CTI H133BS
    L2, 6/21/14: Giant Leap Vertical Assault, CTI J240RL
    L3, 3/12/16: MAC Performance Radial Flyer, CTI M1101WH
    Altitude: 13,028', L3 flight; Speed: Mach ???, L3 flight

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-mite View Post
    I can totally see this.

Spock: Captain, are you aware that the indigenous population of Beta Altair 5 have a sandwich that is strikingly similar to the old earth favorite "quarter-pounder with cheese?" However, they refer to it by quite a different name.

Kirk: Oh, really, Mr. Spock? And why would someone want to ... alter ... the perfectly reasonable name "quarter-pounder with cheese?"

Spock: Due to their lack of a system of mass measurement that could be equivocated to a quarter-pound. Instead, they refer to it as a "Royale with cheese."

Kirk: I see. And what are the odds that they have also renamed the earth classic "Big Mac" to something equally irrelevant?

Spock: Very low, Captain. In fact, the odds are 100% that the Big Mac is now, and ever shall be, a Big Mac.
    "What?"
    "I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." - Will Rogers

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're misinformed." - Mark Twain

God please let this happen.
    John Derimiggio NAR/TRA L3
    MarsaSystems

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    "What?"
    Justin Farrand
    L3 Tripoli 9513
    Chicago Rocket Mafia, "The Eyes"

With a little "I am now, and ever shall be, your friend" thrown in.

John S. ---- NAR #96911 ---- TRA #15253 ---- MDRA #067 ---- BARC #028
    L1, 3/15/14: Aerotech Sumo, CTI H133BS
    L2, 6/21/14: Giant Leap Vertical Assault, CTI J240RL
    L3, 3/12/16: MAC Performance Radial Flyer, CTI M1101WH
    Altitude: 13,028', L3 flight; Speed: Mach ???, L3 flight

More likely to hear Worf state: "I will $#@^ you with honor."
    "Meters Mr. Towns, meters."

I'd go to the theater to see it. Well, a matinee, at least.
    NAR 91107, Level 2

I really, really hate bugs.

I waiting for some humor or movie review channel on YouTube to come up with what will be a hundreds of thousands or million views video entitled something like "Star Trek Tarantino" which would just be a rapid sequence of small cuts (to avoid copyright issues) of the most violent and bloody scenes from every Star Trek movie thus far.