Explorer Aquarius upscale...again!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One finished except for some minor edge reshaping.

Ready for glassing.

new aquarius.JPG

Another custom machining project for a customer.

This time it's a for a 4" LOC tube.

Today just the drawings.

BTW, I'm making two of them!;)

The picture is of the giant calipers I had to make.

Thanks for these drawings. I was trying to make a cardstock 72% (13/18) ratio downscale of the original, for a 24mm body tube, 18mm engine mount, 13mm tank tubes. This drawing at 25% is just right. The instruction sheet just has a top view for the main outline, but not the side view of the window, aka the eye ball. just a prototype so far, built with transition templates using the PayloadBay.com tool.

IMG_0690.jpg

Very nice, I have searched through the forums and found lots of good examples of upscales and even micro scales. Haven't seen a cardstock version of this nose cone yet. This prototype is not perfect, I can probably improve on the eye ball, but turned out as a reasonable facsimile.

IMG_0691.jpg

unless I missed it somewhere, there is no measurement given for the offset from the bottom of the body tube to the trailing edge of the fins. The pictures show it is offset from the end of the tube, maybe like an inch? Anyone have a specific measurement for that offset of the original scale in a version of the instructions different from the PDF on the JimZ site?

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 11.34.23 PM.png

I guess I can just make a measurement of the picture, and scale to the known root edge length of the fin, no big deal. I might try to make a cardstock printable template for this one, the fins and tubes will be fairly easy, but the nose cone artwork might be a challenge. I would like to avoid putting a decal across seams between segments, mismatches in alignment would be hard to avoid, so I might have to change the locations of some of the decals.

Back