Rocksim file for Go Devil 38 ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OverTheTop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I recently started to work on a Go Devil 38 that I picked up at the Black Friday sales in 2016. Does anyone have a RockSim file they might like to fling me please? I am just starting to see what this bird might do. I think it might scare me a little :).

Here's an OR file for one my son built a year ago. The weights should be checked against your build. I HIGHLY recommend tip to tip glassing this one. At 1/16" the fins are very thin! For comparison a Blackhawk 38 has fins that are 1/8" thick. According to Finsim, you can easily rip the skinny fins off it without beefing them up a bit. It's gonna need it when you load it up with a J510 ;-)

View attachment Go Devil 38.ork

Thanks for the ORK Thorfire, but I don't believe they go into RS? If anyone has an RKT for the rocket would still be appreciated.

The supplied G10 fins are a bit flexy. I am looking around the J510 area for a motor. I will be doing something a bit more special than T-T :)

Thanks for the ORK Thorfire, but I don't believe they go into RS? If anyone has an RKT for the rocket would still be appreciated.

If you download the file and change the extension from .ORK to .RKT it should work. I know that it works on rocksim files used in open rocket.

If you download the file and change the extension from .ORK to .RKT it should work. I know that it works on rocksim files used in open rocket.

I don't think so. ork is a compressed zip file of stuff.

Read the ork into OpenRocket, then save back out as .rkt

I wouldn't worry about the fins. Mine has been thru the ringer and the Proline 4500 epoxy fillits have held up fine. Biggest motor I personally have flown in my stock GD is an Aerotech J520. It took it to 11500' in the blink of an eye.

I wouldn't worry about the fins. Mine has been thru the ringer and the Proline 4500 epoxy fillits have held up fine. Biggest motor I personally have flown in my stock GD is an Aerotech J520. It took it to 11500' in the blink of an eye.

What was your peak speed and acceleration on that flight please captbk? Also, did you tip-to-tip the fins, or slot them in or something else especially?

I don't think tip to tip is necessary unless one gets a modified version with a longer tube and uses a Loki K motor. The stock sustainer tube I believe is too short for the K. I believe if you rough up the tube and the root edge of the fins, a reasonable fillet of
rocketpoxy or Proline 4500 or if one has any Cotronics leftovers lying around and you'll be fine for flight. If you want to make the can more robust by laminating fine but I don't think it's necessary for a J motor. My GD is going to use a 720 case or shorter
so largest I can use is a J500. I'm not sweating it.
Oh, captbk may or may not have flown electronics that records the info you seek but you can see if he responds. Kurt

Back