Sky of Gold

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AHansom

Reaction score
I just found this while deep cleaning the garage. Its been almost 10 years ago, who else participated? Still have your rocket?

IMG_6902.jpg

I just found this while deep cleaning the garage. Its been almost 10 years ago, who else participated? Still have your rocket?

I participated and had the distinction of losing the rocket on its NARAM qualification flight :eek: I moaned on YORF and Carl sent me a new one (unsolicited). He was sure a class act! That is the only rocket I've built that I decided to keep as a static display.

Here's a video of my flight:

[youtube]4r5prNfZlls[/youtube]

And outtakes from the making of the video:

[youtube]idmoM9rGTG0[/youtube]

I have the Golden Scout kit #190 signed by Vern Estes. I flew and recovered #191 and #192. Don't recall where the certificates are. It was a very nice tribute program by SEMROC.

Chas

I haven't and won't. To some it might merely be a participants trophy. But to me it is a true and valid collectors item. With the care and effort put into it by Vern and Gleda Estes along with the materials and efforts from Sheryl and Carl McLawhorn, it is a unique item.

Chas

I haven't and won't. To some it might merely be a participants trophy. But to me it is a true and valid collectors item. With the care and effort put into it by Vern and Gleda Estes along with the materials and efforts from Sheryl and Carl McLawhorn, it is a unique item.

Chas

Yeah, I don't have any plans to build it...ever.

I have the Golden Scout kit #190 signed by Vern Estes. I flew and recovered #191 and #192. Don't recall where the certificates are. It was a very nice tribute program by SEMROC.

Chas

Actually the certificates are what I found going through some old paper work. The rocket has been sitting on a shelf by the kitchen since it was flown.

IMG_6922.jpg

Yes: I still have both of mine, flights 411 & 773 of the Semroc Golden Scout-1's both flown July 19th 2008.
I also have one of each of the original Scout series, all build in 1990 but using construction materials and methods for the era they were first released by Estes and a Micro T3 Downscale version that flies just like the original Scout-1.

I've always liked the only true tumble recovery rocket designed. Very KEWL in flight and recovery.

Like Buzzard I feel the model given in the tube is a really KEWL and unique collectors item, I'd never open or build it. Its actually housed under a plastic dome covering the 6 model Scout display.

054b_Semroc Golden Scout-1 Flt 411 (128dpi)_04-05-08.jpg

054c_Semroc Golden Scout-1 Flt. 773_05-28-08.JPG

054e3-sm_Scout-I,II,III,Golden & Micro display_07-13-08.JPG

MM 330a_Micro Scout-1 (T3) _05-18-07.jpg

054a-sm_Scout-1_Estes Kit (K-1,1201)1968_03-31-90.JPG

055a-sm_Scout-II Estes Kit (1959)1986_03-31-90.JPG

056a-sm_Scout-III Estes Kit 0878_1990.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, I still have my Golden Scout (#0215) I flew at NARAM-50.

It has been autographed by Vern, Gleda and Betty Estes.

I have one or two more Golden Scouts in their packages along with that special Scout in a tube given out at NARAM-50.

Yes, I still have my Golden Scout (#0215) I flew at NARAM-50.

It has been autographed by Vern, Gleda and Betty Estes.

I have one or two more Golden Scouts in their packages along with that special Scout in a tube given out at NARAM-50.
I had hoped to have mine signed...but somehow it was kept by the rocket gods

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Back