WSR Launch Dec. 2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdbwizzard

Reaction score
[video=youtube;TqJNJIVCbyo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqJNJIVCbyo[/video]
December 2nd we had our clubs High Power launch in Cedarville, Ohio.
We had a great turn out with beautiful weather. 80 rockets went up punching holes in the sky. Out of the 9 certification attemps, 8 of them where successful.
If your ever in Ohio you should come fly with us. Find out all launch dates and locations at our website https://wsr703.org

Nice video, Justin. I was hoping to make the launch, but just got caught up with other priorities on Saturday.
Hopefully I can make a WSR launch soon.

Thanks,

Jay and I went looking for our missing rockets on Sunday and found them. We also found the missing certification rocket. We will bring it to the club meeting Tuesday. It had a small zipper and some fin damage. It might pass for L1 or it might not.

Hey, is this a new HPR launch site? Checking your website. 10,000 ft waiver - awesome! No launch fees - just $10 to fly all year as a NAR member? That sounds too good to be true!

Looks like your range is set up next to the creek. How far in from Federal Rd? Are the surrounding properties OK for recovery? Can I be more annoying with all these questions? :eyeroll:

I also like that you guys don't wimp out in the winter months!

Hey, is this a new HPR launch site? Checking your website. 10,000 ft waiver - awesome! No launch fees - just $10 to fly all year as a NAR member? That sounds too good to be true!

Looks like your range is set up next to the creek. How far in from Federal Rd? Are the surrounding properties OK for recovery? Can I be more annoying with all these questions? :eyeroll:

I also like that you guys don't wimp out in the winter months!

Your timing is lousy. We had our Christmas banquet tonight. Free food for club members. Ha! And we had a gift exchange. And Newway Rockets was there and gave everyone a free rocket.

Yup, $10 is the only annual fee for joining the club. No launch or other fees. You can even pay online by buying it through eRockets. The annual fee is $20 for non-NAR members. If you pay now we give you the rest of 2017 and all of 2018. Or you can pay me at a launch; I'm the treasurer.

Federal Road is about 2 miles south of Cedarville on 72. Turn left and go about 4 miles to 5995 Federal Road. Do not go in the driveway of the farm. We turn off onto the grass by the creek well west of the driveway. Pay attention as you approach the bridge and look for the Rocket Launch sign. We usually set up on the northeast side of the creek, but will sometimes set up on the southwest side depending on the wind. The sign will be in the grass on the correct side of the creek. We will be late to the field this time as most of us are going to the new Star Wars movie this Saturday before the launch. Live long and prosper! I heard Mr. Spock dies in this one.

We are working on certifying a second field for high power, but it is smaller than this one. It would be north of Huber Heights. The Federal Road field is a little smaller than the TMO field, but plenty big enough for L1 and most L2 flights. The land to the north is owned by the same guy as the field we launch from. We have never had an issue recovering rockets from other fields.

And we launch all year round. Once the high power field is closed because the farmer has planted we move to Huber Heights and launch LPR and MPR at the park on Rip Rap Road. We also meet every Tuesday night at eRockets to build rockets. Other club activities include going to schools for build and flys, or demo launches at the Waco airfield, the National Museum of the US Air Force, The Neil Armstrong Museum, etc. Check us out on WSR703.org. We are a VERY active club.

Thanks for the info. I am not local to the area, so I will pass on the LPR and extra club activities, but thanks. I am mainly interested in your HPR field. For me, it is a minimum 3 hour drive to a decent HPR site with altitude. WSR falls in that same radius, but I will certainly add it to my rotation.

Back