2017 Estes catalog in pdf form, sort of

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tramper Al

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I just became aware that AC Supply has a 14 or so page catalog of Estes kits and products (within its larger full catalog) that corresponds roughly to the (at least mid year) Estes catalog for 2017. Since of course Estes did not. So it has newer models like Chaser, Nike Apache, Space Twister, Executioner, Protostar, Expedition, Star Orbiter, etc., all of which I think came out after the 2016 catalog. Each with a photo, some specs, recommended engines, some with a sentence or two of prose too.

It seems that AC Supply thought it worthwhile to pay someone to lay out a few pages of pictures, specs, etc. in a pdf format to, you know, catalog and sell the latest Estes rockets.

I don't know if this will continue into the future, but absent anything like this from Estes itself in 2017, I thought some of you might be interested.

https://www.acsupplyco.com/pgs3-17.pdf

I noticed in the motors , they are listing new Fat C motors , c11's
Has anyone flown them yet ??

I noticed in the motors , they are listing new Fat C motors , c11's
Has anyone flown them yet ??

Yes, they do well, I use them to keep my lighter weight D-powered rockets to a lower altitude at my local LPR field.

One thing to keep in mind is that C11's have about half the burn time of a D12. So, if you are using an electronic mini-timer for second stage ignition, the acceleration of the first stage may not be long enough to activate the mini-timer. I had one model application that this might have happened. When I changed from a cluster of four C11's to four D12's the second stage did fire. I did change the second stage igniter, so I don't know for sure, but I suspect that the four D12's made a difference.

Thanks for the replies btw- I have been busy flying F and G motors and guess I missed the C11's , doooh. :facepalm:

I fly on a small field and over the past 20 months and I am guessing I have done about 100 launches with C-11's. I have found them to be a very reliable and predictable motor. Orange Crush, Eliminator and in particular Show Stopper fly very well with C-11's.

C11s are perfect for all my smaller rockets with 24mm mounts, typically simming to around 500-600 ft. They jump off the pad and fly nice and straight, but I can still get them back.

Now, back on topic... the AC Supply PDF is interesting because it has lots of OOP models in it mixed in with the new stuff. I do wish the pictures were larger.

Back