• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Jason's charity sale is finished - Thanks to all! Updated 12/11/17

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Blatz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
( POST SALE UPDATE - I moved some nice items to some good folks. I am cutting a check to the NAR Legacy Fund for $25, sending $100 to World Vision, and already used $50 to go in on matching buy one get one goat sale from OXFAM so two poor families will each get a goat. My garage is a little more roomy, and perhaps the world is a tiny bit better for some folks no where near as fortunate as me. Again, thank you to those who helped.)

Hello All-

I have a lot of rocket stuff. I am going to sell some of it off, and donate the money to various charities (or people I personally know in need) in the spirit of generosity.

Along with each item I will disclose which charity or person the funds will go to.

There will be LPR, MPR, and maybe HPR kits, some very OOP, some not so much. Funky rocket/space/EX books. Probably a real nice relay launcher. Maybe some components as well. First PM w payment to follow gets the item.

Here is the first item. Proceeds go to the NAR/Seattle Museum of Flight fund mentioned in the last NAR mag. It is a "cardstock" model from "THINGS of Science" collection circa mid-60's. Basically it is a couple of tubes, a set of wrap-arounds, and the instructions to build a park flier Gemini 3 that can be launched with a stick and a rubber band, kinda like some model planes. It is not what we think of as a "flying model rocket", ie, no rocket propulsion. But is super cool and old. Both tubes have some staining, see pic, but I reckon the wrap would cover it up. That is, if you actually build it. REDUCED PRICE 12/5 - $12 shipped CONUS.

Gem5.jpgGem4.jpgGem3.jpgGem2.jpgGem1.jpg

Last edited:
THIS ITEM IS SOLD

Next item a THOY Micron, long OOP. Kind basic, BT-50 3 FNC, but it's not often seen, prolly because THOY has been gone forever and mostly was know for high power. Very nice shape, all there.

$12 shipped CONUS. Proceeds go to NAR/Seattle Museum of Flight project mentioned in last NAR magazine.

Mac1.jpgMac2.jpg

Last edited:
THIS ITEM IS SOLD TO MIKEY

Next item is cool as hell 50's era rocketry magazine. Nice shape. Lots of equations, graphs, etc. Some color ads for nuclear bombs and stuff. Jesus, we must be crazy.

$10 shipped CONUS, proceeds once again to NAR/Seattle Museum of Flight.

Mag1.jpgMag2.jpgMag3.jpgMag4.jpg

Last edited:
New items added 12-2-17 14:00 PST

THIS ITEM IS SOLD TO PYROBOB

Sealed in bag new old stock Estes Laser. In good shape. Tube is straight. $12 shipped.

Funds from sale go to World Vision. My plan is to get enough between this item and the next one to gift a family much poorer than any of us will ever be a goat and two chickens.

Laser1.jpg

Laser2.jpg

Pratt1.jpg

Pratt2.jpg

Pratt3.jpg

Pratt4.jpg

Last edited:
THIS IS SOLD.

Apologies for the picture of this item also appearing as attached thumbnail above. Posting here is less than intuitive, at least for myself.

This item is a new never used Pratt launch controller. It has a NiCad battery on board which has never been charged or used. From what I have read online it should be fine, it seems like battery life for NiCads starts when you first charge them, but of course I cannot guarantee the battery is OK. If it isn't, I would just cut out the silicone that holds it together and replace with a new battery.

This is designed to be either a stand-alone relay style launcher for standard ignition or brains for a hybrid set-up (NO HYPERTEK O2 style though). Front page of manual shows deets. 100' control line.

12/5 REDUCED PRICE $80 Shipped CONUS, funds go to World Vision.

Pratt4.jpgPratt3.jpgPratt2.jpgPratt1.jpg

Last edited:
Posting from phone so no pics for now. But the two items are going to be a little different. First is a 29/60 casing only, used in good shape, old style dated 1998. $20 shipped.

After that is a super rare OOP AAA Model Aviation Fuels PA Crude. 2.6" AF with 29mm mount. Only opened to confirm complete. Nice shape. Dated 1985. Streamer recovery but you should add an 18" chute I think.

12/5 REDUCED PRICE $60 shipped. Funds go to world vision to buy a poor person a goat/chickens combo. That's a hand up.

2960.jpgPA1.jpgPA2.jpg

Last edited:
A quick update - so far, with your help I have put together a $25 donation to the NAR/Museum of Flight fund, and $12 for World Vision. Items sold are in the mail.

Still have some nice stuff available here, step right up gentlemans.

The THOY was delivered early this week. The kit was properly packed and promptly received. Thanks!

Back