LUNAR is ON for Dec 2, 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherokeej

Reaction score
No one else put it up, so I guess I will...

Snow Ranch is ON for this Saturday, December 2nd, 0900. The only legal level 3 launch site in northern California will be up, and flying under a 15K waiver.

NO SPARKIES!!!! There's still a bit of dry grass, so we need to forget the titanium this time around. :y:

Looks like the weather will be good for flying. Please come out early to help with set-up, and/or stay late for tear-down. LUNAR is a volunteer based organization. Please sign up for launch duty. We need RSO's, LCO's, and pad-assistants to help the kids. Not to mention that it's just a whole heck of a lot of fun helping out.

Forgot to mention... Anything over a full K will need BoD prior approval. Kinda hard to get when the announcement is made 3 days prior to the launch, but... The rulez are the rulez.

Come on out and fly with the largest local model rocketry club on the planet. :surprised:

Last edited:
My truck has been getting horrible mileage the last month. Do you think my car would make it out on the cow path and over the creek?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

My truck has been getting horrible mileage the last month. Do you think my car would make it out on the cow path and over the creek?

People routinely drive cars, trucks, mini vans, and even an old Alpha Romeo to Snow Ranch.

P1050762.JPG

P1070008.JPG

P1070177.JPG

I thought you had other plans?

yes, I did, but with the weather looking iffy for the 16th on the long range for the SARG launch, I'm going to try and make it down for at least a few launches. I've got a lot of new flyers that need to earn some paint.

Got a couple motors assembled for Saturday. I'm ready to make some smoke and flame!

I emailed Mike a few weeks ago asking what his launch attendance schedule is. Haven't heard back from him yet.

He will be there. The guy I sit next to at work has been to a couple of SARG launches and bought some pro-series kits. I told him I was going to the "big" field and invited him to come with me. An hour later he had signed up for NAR membership, filled out the form and called BAR to order his level 1 cert. deal. So he'll be there. Mike said he's expecting 300 lbs. of motors from AT to come in tomorrow, so the trailer will be loaded.

Putting mine together now. 4 reloads, 1 SU... Now to get the delays juuuuusst right.
Loaded up the J500... Also 5 hobbyline loads built up. Getting my delay right is pretty tricky (turning on Stratologger)... I'll pack dog barf and chutes tomorrow night. I will taped up the chutes that will have the JLCR strapped on when it's their turn.

He will be there. The guy I sit next to at work has been to a couple of SARG launches and bought some pro-series kits. I told him I was going to the "big" field and invited him to come with me. An hour later he had signed up for NAR membership, filled out the form and called BAR to order his level 1 cert. deal. So he'll be there. Mike said he's expecting 300 lbs. of motors from AT to come in tomorrow, so the trailer will be loaded.
Awesome recruiting.

Loaded up the J500... Also 5 hobbyline loads built up. Getting my delay right is pretty tricky (turning on Stratologger)... I'll pack dog barf and chutes tomorrow night. I will taped up the chutes that will have the JLCR strapped on when it's their turn.

Wow... will be sure to record that launch! When are you getting there? I'm planning on 10AM or so.

Awesome recruiting.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure by the end of this year, I'll have nearly doubled SARG's membership. :) I've got two more families that will be coming and joining on the 16th.

Straight ups and soft downs for everybody at Snow Ranch today.

I’d be there if I could but events have conspired against me.

See you SARG rocketeers at Gibson Ranch later this month!

Was a great day! Perfect flights on my side as well as a co-worker that I brought with me that out of the blue this week decided to cert L1.. and did so successfully today. I think everyone I saw did well. Bill had a motor failure, but the rocket was undamaged. I think Marc M. lost his MadCow Mozzie... Others did amazing. Bill's K2050 was awesome.

Hope to see you at the other ranch, Kit!

Last edited:
Had a great first launch of Thump In My Down on an H123. No video, my memory card was full. Simmed at 1500ft, the Chute Release worked flawlessly, had it set on 400ft.

thump06.JPG

thump04.JPG

thump07.JPG

thump09.JPG

thump10.JPG

Back