• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found 54mm and 75mm hardware

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_H

Reaction score
Wanting to buy some motor hardware, hoping that someone might have something that is not being used (enough) or that they want to sell for whatever reason.

CTI or Aerotech, 54mm or 75mm motor hardware for 'K' or 'L' size reloads.

(There was mention of a 98mm case, but after more consideration, it is staying put.. :) )

Wanting to buy some motor hardware, hoping that someone might have something that is not being used (enough) or that they want to sell for whatever reason.

I do have a 98mm Monster Motors 10240 case that I bought from a formum member here, the price was right. It is inspiring, and I would love to fly it, but realistically, I need 75mm hardware more than I need this 98/10240 case. I am not interested in selling it, but I would trade it for the right 75mm/54mm hardware combo. It is in fantastic shape.

I don't have any 54mm or 75mm hardware that I can part with but am looking for a good deal on a 98/10240 case if you decide to sell it.

Yes, sorry. I do not want to sell it. i will keep it, and fly it eventually, unless someone tempts me with some 75/54 hardware.

Send me a PM with a little more detail on what you're looking for and maybe we can make a deal.
Not interested in the 98 case
Have full sets of CTI 54 & 76

I do have a 98mm Monster Motors 10240 case that I bought from a formum member here, the price was right. It is inspiring, and I would love to fly it, but realistically, I need 75mm hardware more than I need this 98/10240 case. I am not interested in selling it, but I would trade it for the right 75mm/54mm hardware combo. It is in fantastic shape.

What 54 and 75 mm cases are you looking for? I may have some and I am interested in the 98 mm case if the deal is right for both of us.

Steve Shannon

Regarding the 75mm, CTi has a system lovingly referred to as "the hubcap" which allows you to fly their motors in snap ring 75mm cases. Cool eh?
a 7600 will do 4 grain to 6xl (with spacers) and you can get a smaller one instead of CTi's 3 grain.

Do you have have just the 10240 case or case with closures?

I have decided to keep the 10240 case. I never really wanted to get rid of it, just the cost of more hardware is not insignificant. It wil fly within a couple of years.

Buy the Loki 75mm cases, a CTI hub cap and a nozzle holder.. You can burn AT and CTI reloads all day long and use every part in the reload including their nozzle. You can burn Loki reloads with his nozzle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Hmmmm.... does this mean that the i.d. is the same between all three of these cases?

Thank you for your post. I was not aware of this. Might be time to call Scott.

I was curious since it seemed like you might possibly trade, with or without closures would make a difference.

I was curious since it seemed like you might possibly trade, with or without closures would make a difference.

I have the complete motor casing and closures. I was asking for 'an offer I could not refuse', but have decided to keep it instead.

Hmmmm.... does this mean that the i.d. is the same between all three of these cases?

Yup, but the nozzles and foreward closures are different. If you want to fly Loki motors, you need to buy their nozzle and closure.

.... and... if you want to do research at some point, the case works... and... AT have CTi crossloads (AT loads which work in CTi cases) and there are some that work the other way too. Which means, you may be able to squish an AT motor into a snapring case... but that is another story entirely

Yep, so close they fit like they were made for each other.

I'v loaded AT reloads in AMW, Kosdon and Loki cases, all work, no damage what so ever.
They will also work in the CTI cases, I have the CTI Gen 2 - 75mm 6g case.

The reason I do this?
  • I like the price of the AT and CTI 75mm reloads.
  • The CTI and all the snap-ring hdw is cheaper than an AT set of hdw, MUCH CHEAPER, even if you can find it!
  • I hate cleaning closure threads!

I could show you pictures but still having issue the Forum won't let me upload pics.

The following AT reloads were flown with the CTI hubcap & nozzle holder (inner O-ring, I recommend, available at McMaster-Carr):
Any space at the forward end, if any, I fill with nozzle washers.
Must Use AT Seal disk for all the following combinations (Yes, all the AT reload inert parts are used!)

AT-1297 (4g) goes in a 75-4800n snap-ring case. (This an ex case, cut down to Loki's spec for its discontinued 75-4800n case)

AT-1297 (4g) goes in a 75-6000n snap-ring case with 1-CTI 75mm grain spacer.

AT-1315 (5g) goes in a 75-8000n Loki or Kosdon 75-7600n w/ 1 CTI spacer and 1 custom CTI spacer that's 3/4" shorter.

AT-1850 (6g) goes in a 75-8000n case with 1 custom CTI spacer that's 3/4" shorter.

This winter I will be building different combinations and put them in an easier-to-understand matrix sheet.

The following combinations have been certified:(check any updates from the reload manufacturer)
  • 75mm CTI reloads in AMW hardware (follow CTI instructions)
  • 75mm AT reloads in CTI hardware (follow AT "crossloads" instructions)
  • 75mm CTI reloads in AT hdw (follow CTI instructions)

My Disclaimer:
AT, CTI & Loki may not approve of any of these cross-over combinations I have personally done with my own research nor are any of them certified. In the event of any damage you may not get any warranty hardware or reloads from any of these manufacturers. Careful planning in building these motors is a must.
If this post violates Rocketry Forum guidelines then please move it to the Research Section.

Yup, but the nozzles and foreward closures are different. If you want to fly Loki motors, you need to buy their nozzle and closure.

.... and... if you want to do research at some point, the case works... and... AT have CTi crossloads (AT loads which work in CTi cases) and there are some that work the other way too. Which means, you may be able to squish an AT motor into a snapring case... but that is another story entirely

The reason for such amazing compatibility between CTI and AT reloads......
CTI designed his 75mm reloads in exact dimensions so the CTI reload would fit in the AT hdw, even down to the smoke cavity, etc.
AT only uses the seal disk, if it were me I would use the seal disk in every combo if it will fit properly.

Thank you, Dave. This is great information. I did not know this. A lot to 'chew on' now.

Regarding the 75mm, CTi has a system lovingly referred to as "the hubcap" which allows you to fly their motors in snap ring 75mm cases. Cool eh?
a 7600 will do 4 grain to 6xl (with spacers) and you can get a smaller one instead of CTi's 3 grain.
I know this is old, but after searching for a few hours this is the only place I've seen someone say you can fit a 4 grain in a 7600 snap ring case. What combination of spacers does it take to achieve that and is it a certified configuration?

Back