Foamie Frustration

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles_McG

Ciderwright
Reaction score
Is it possible to get a whole, intact, Guillow's space shuttle via Amazon (or other mail order)?

So far I'm two for two with broken wings, and I'm wondering if it's hopeless and I should just accept it and make repairs.

Keep in mind, most foam gliders have a reinforcing graphite/carbon rod (also known as a "spar") running span-wise ("wing tip to wing tip") on foam RC aircraft models. Also on the Dynasoar rocket gliders.

In other words, foam wings can't take much stress, and must have additional support.

Here is an example of a rod from Tower Hobbies: https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJDP3&P=0

Although Tower Hobbies seems to be out at the moment; check other hobby stores.

I think Charles's complaint is that the shipper/packer/seller keeps breaking the darn things or not packing them properly to survive.

I think Charles's complaint is that the shipper/packer/seller keeps breaking the darn things or not packing them properly to survive.

That's it.

I went ahead and repaired the second one.

I used carbon fiber rods to stiffen my Estes Spaceship One (E). I haven't seen folks talk about doing that to this particular model conversion.

Back