Missing members.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When my wife comes here to sell my junk, do NOt let her sell if for what I told her I paid for it!

I miss both Astrobaby (wow, such detailed meticulous builds!) and Zeroignite (always great perspectives). Interestingly I think they were two of the most heavily-posting women on the forum, and they both dropped off around spring 2016. I wonder if there is common cause behind both departures?

I miss both Astrobaby (wow, such detailed meticulous builds!) and Zeroignite (always great perspectives). Interestingly I think they were two of the most heavily-posting women on the forum, and they both dropped off around spring 2016. I wonder if there is common cause behind both departures?

Funny enough, I always assumed both of those people were guys. :p

I always wondered what happened to JAL3. He never finished that Rube Goldberg Lander thread.

JAL3 got a new job (new church) that keeps him very busy. Worse, most recently, his community (on the Texas coast) took a serious hit by the recent hurricane. Added to that, there have been some family health issues. He used to post regularly on FB to at least “preview” upcoming Sunday sermons but lately hasn’t even been doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I have often wondered how to take care of my online presence when I'm gone. Thought about giving Mrs a document with all of the websites to inform, but I change my passwords routinely. I would have to update the document each time as well. I don't like the idea of putting passwords in a 'cloud account' either. Maybe the big solar flare will happen first, then it won't really matter.....

Facebook allows you to designate another Facebook account holder as your “Legacy Contact”. That way no password needs to be shared. The Legacy Contact can also be given access to see and save your Facebook activities, friends, etc.

Steve Shannon

hahahahahahhahaha

That's it...
You're insane John..
You have a family,,
and you're concerned about TRF if you go,, lol...

That's it man,,

Hello,, my name is John and I'm nutz,, lol...

I love you John,, but you're still nutzty,, lol..

Teddy

I would like to respectfully retract this post...
I am sorry I said this..
This place has far more often then not shown to be even more then a tight knit community..
Every time someone has some sort of problem this whole community has come together and helped..
We even bicker like siblings,, lol...

I really like being a part of this tight knit group..

I really like how much we've gotten to know each other..-- uh oh-- there he goes again,, lol..

Teddy

When my wife comes here to sell my junk, do NOt let her sell if for what I told her I paid for it!

Yea OK what ever pal. All bets are off there. I see $25 Widman and Mac rockets, $15 Fruitychutes and so on. Only trouble is I won't see the post until 32 seconds after the last dibs.

Yea OK what ever pal. All bets are off there. I see $25 Widman and Mac rockets, $15 Fruitychutes and so on. Only trouble is I won't see the post until 32 seconds after the last dibs.
Or at least until 2 seconds after BlackBrandt....

I haven't heard from or seen any postings from Tom Blakeney, he was really active in the glider section but hasn't replied to emails, pm's or postings in a while, I posted in the DARS launches thread but no reply either....hope he's ok, just busy.

Frank

I haven't seen him at the last laugh or two that I have attended either. Last I remember reading he too was bitten by the busy bug.

Reports of my demise are mildly exaggerated. It feels that way to me some days but it's only old age. And work, too much frickin' work. I haven't flown all year and can't until we get thru a business expansion that eats every weekend, but I WILL be at LDRS in 2018, even if I have to go AWOL...

Yeahh,,,
Without a doubt Davey..
You don't worry about a thing...
We'll take care of this for ya..

Teddy

Strawwalker was ushered, (sotospeak) to the dark side. He was part of the migration? Still alive and breathing novels, so I've heard.

He's active on YORF, with about 1.5 posts per day according to his stats there.

Waaaaah. Try 24 semester hours sometime!

I did 21 hours last year at a community college.

But those 18 hours this semester include Differential Equations, Statics, and a CAD class from hell.

I did 21 hours last year at a community college.

But those 18 hours this semester include Differential Equations, Statics, and a CAD class from hell.

Second year engineering for me (1987) was 27 contact hours per week. I remember when they backed off to 24 and everyone was wondering how they were going to cover the content in the time. That's how they cut costs I suppose. Reduce content and call the outcome the same, all the while the price going up.

$25 for a rocket??!?! I'd never spend that much!

I'll have her send my onyx to you ;)

$25 for a rocket??!?! I'd never spend that much!

I'll have her send my onyx to you ;)

I'll be waiting by the mailbox. I love those things. I need to build another. It's a shame I never got a chance to go to LDRS when I lived up that way, we could have dragged Onyx's.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Back