QCRS Princeton December 9th 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockdoc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
QCRS is hosting a launch in Princeton Ill on Saturday December 9th.

Launch hours: 9 am to 4pm (due to days getting shorter)
Waiver: 15,000k
Onsite Vendor: Wildman Rocketry

KKkkkkkk,,
I'm comin....
Get the body warmers ready,, it's gonna be a cold one fer sure... lol..

Teddy

it's gonna be a cold one fer sure.

??? - It's early December- come out in Feb when the high is 28F :)

I'm hoping to be there- going to fly my first HPR 2 stager, plus a few EX motors.

??? - It's early December- come out in Feb when the high is 28F :)

I'm hoping to be there- going to fly my first HPR 2 stager, plus a few EX motors.

Nope,,
Those days are over,, lol..

You'd see me cryin like a baby and runnin into Tim's rig,, lol...

Teddy

I will be there, finishing up a darkstar and considering going for a level 2 cert. Just starting to learn my lesson on hanging out in Tim’s Rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I will be there sending up a chopped MAC Firestick in a K535 and will probably fly the MAC 3FNC on whatever TIM has available

I will be there, finishing up a darkstar and considering going for a level 2 cert. Just starting to learn my lesson on hanging out in Tim’s Rig.

Which size darkstar, and which motor?

2.6 with the 54mm motor mount and I haven’t landed on which motor yet, based on thrust curve it is going up at least 5k, I am also having a hell of a time finding a sim file for this one.

2.6 with the 54mm motor mount and I haven’t landed on which motor yet, based on thrust curve it is going up at least 5k, I am also having a hell of a time finding a sim file for this one.

I did my L2 on the same rocket. I can send you my sim file?

FYI- I did my L2 on a J355RL.. 7k feet.

Who's makin the hot chocolate ??

Teddy

KKkkkkkk,,
I'm comin....
Get the body warmers ready,, it's gonna be a cold one fer sure... lol..

Teddy

Are you serious right now? Are you frickin kiddin me? Teddy at a club launch in December? WHAT???

I'll be there. I don't have much to fly. I still have a Drago 4XL prepped, but no motor (from MWP). Might just fly some sport stuff to have fun, but I'll be there. Might have to leave early because I got a family thing that night. Unless, of course, I get stuck out in the fields recovering rockets, then I have to miss the family thing. Hm.....

Are you serious right now? Are you frickin kiddin me? Teddy at a club launch in December? WHAT???

I'll be there. I don't have much to fly. I still have a Drago 4XL prepped, but no motor (from MWP). Might just fly some sport stuff to have fun, but I'll be there. Might have to leave early because I got a family thing that night. Unless, of course, I get stuck out in the fields recovering rockets, then I have to miss the family thing. Hm.....

I wish I wasn't kidding you right now,, lol...

If you get hung in the fields you're going to get beat up...
Go home and don't get beat up,, you're better off,, lol..
I hope you and yours and everybody out there had a wonderful Thanksgiving...

Teddy

hung in the fields

You know Teddy, you could make a guarantee with your harnesses that rockets won't get hung up in trees with them. That would save Erik from missing his family thing :)

2.6 with the 54mm motor mount and I haven’t landed on which motor yet,

Forgot to mention- if you're planning on an L2 flight on the 9th, you'll want to call Tim to reserve whatever motor you want to use. Better check early, as he is probably out of stock a lot since black saturday

Tripoli or NAR?

Thx, already narrowing down the motors, thx again for the sim. Doing Tripoli cert.

You know Teddy, you could make a guarantee with your harnesses that rockets won't get hung up in trees with them. That would save Erik from missing his family thing :)

Then "Murphy's Law" would kick in..
If there's no tree for a mile around and I guaranteed that he'd find it,, lol..

Teddy

FYI- a friend of mine is looking to bring his test stand for EX motors to the launch. Anyone interested in testing something? The high for Saturday is forecasted at 27F so we’ll have to burn something to keep Teddy warm.

FYI- a friend of mine is looking to bring his test stand for EX motors to the launch. Anyone interested in testing something? The high for Saturday is forecasted at 27F so we’ll have to burn something to keep Teddy warm.

ouch, ooocchh,, aachh,, tooo hottt..

Teddy

Jeez- we can’t make you happy. First it’s too cold, next it’s too hot.

A few years ago I had my trailer at the field and ran out of gas in the middle of making breakfast..
I went out and switched the tank and then got caught up talking to people..
The stove burner was still on,,, but now it wasn't lit...
I was outside for a half hour..
When I went back in the trailer was full of propane,, so I opened all the windows..
Jason walked by,, it's cold out,, why are all the windows open ???

He went and announced it as the potentially biggest CATO of the weekend...

That woulda kept me pretty warm..

Teddy

Reminder:

If anyone that wanted to do any cert flights at MWP and were not able to do so, come on up and get them in.

Or, if you just want to fly come on out.

QCRS is hosting a launch in Princeton Ill on Saturday December 9th.

Launch hours: 9 am to 4pm (due to days getting shorter)
Waiver: 15,000k
Onsite Vendor: Wildman Rocketry

Looks like Saturday is going to be a little windy! Any one else coming up to fly?

Back