RMS delay tool on hobby line cases?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepOvertone

Reaction score
I was wondering if you can use the delay drilling tool on the delays for the 29/40-120 and the 24/40 reload delays. If this is in the wrong section(I.E. propulsion), please let me know.

Thanks!

I use it. Just have to be careful to go in the middle. I start the hole by hand and then put the drill in the tool.

I didn't even know they made a 29mm version...I just use a 38 using the 2-step method I mentioned above.
Maybe you have the older "non-universal" tool? I'm new so I'm just guessing here. Maybe someone else can enlighten us to whats going on??

I didn't even know they made a 29mm version...I just use a 38 using the 2-step method I mentioned above.

Im confused why you need a “two step method” for the 38? There is an 18-38mm rms drill that works for everything 38mm and smaller, because they use the same delay diameter. There is a separate 54mm tool that works on the wider delays in those motors.

Well it appears I've been flapping my jowels unnecessarily. It's been a while since I've shortened a Hobbyline and my poor memory played tricks then. Confusing CTI tools where I use the 38 on 29s. My bad, sorry.

Tip: normally you hold delay & turn drill.
For Hobbyline it's easier to hold drill & turn delay...better control on tiny item [for me anyway]

Im confused why you need a “two step method” for the 38? There is an 18-38mm rms drill that works for everything 38mm and smaller, because they use the same delay diameter. There is a separate 54mm tool that works on the wider delays in those motors.

Just be mindful / AT has two different delay drills - an RMS one and a universal one.

I got caught in the field the other day, - was planning on using my RMS tool on a DMS g80 - had the presence of mind to check and luckily my local vendor knew the score and had the universal one in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back