Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I emailed Wildman. It's been eight days and I have no idea on the status of the order, lol. Been to busy to care lately.

Parts of orders weren't in stock and the other issue is the website screwed up shipping charges. I don't fault him. It took a lot of his effort to swap websites and I know the order was porked when the DMS didn't have a HAZ charge.

So here's an idea I got kickin' around on a Terrier Booster. I might 3D model it this weekend for giggles. I can't do anything with it until I get L-1/L-2 signed off. The terrier with a 4" airframe tube could hold up to a 75mm or 98mm casing. Stuff I don't even have certs to fly, lol. Right now I'm trying to keep it simple, scalable, stage-able, and adaptable. And this would be more of a real long term plan with what to do with a Sandhawk kit eventually and likely after graduation.

Heard there was a Terrier Sandhawk.

For the Terrier Booster I'm thinking about a 30" section at $58.
    https://www.madcowrocketry.com/4-inch-g12-airframe/

Two G10 3/32" Sheets at $15 each for four fins.
    https://www.madcowrocketry.com/3-32-g10-fr4-plate/

It looks like whoever was beating me on the Nike-apache kit was right. Didn't make the $70 goal. Hah.

Then centering rings, transition 3D print, airframe tube 38mm, jigs ,and other stuff.
    I still don't have a rocket to put on it yet. The other issue Mark brought up was don't rip the fins off of the Sandhawk.

Erm...

Well here is the kit as of 2017-2018.

I understand the motor mount is the smaller diameter tube. There's a coupler inside the airframe body tube, and I have a feeling I could connect the other short airframe tube to extended airframe length.
    No instruction manual.

Looks like all of the standard DD rocket pieces are there, is there a question or something you think is missing?

The avionics bay coupler is the one sitting inside the aiframe, I can see it blocking the upper half of the fin slots. The very short (~1") airframe piece is the vent band for the avionics bay.

Still waiting to hear about my BS order, but it's mostly AT motors so I'm sure there are still shipments coming in.
    Will Ferry (Launches & Videos) NAR #96512 (L2) / TRA #15328 (L2) / LUNAR #2759
    L1: 9/2013 @ XPRS, GLR T-Bolt "Thunderbolt" (R.I.P.), H148R
    L2: 4/2016 @ TCC Helm, Binder Design Excel w/DD "dd2.xls", J315R
    Impulse flown (flights): 2013: 767Ns (2), 2014: 4298Ns (8), 2015: 7486Ns (16), 2016: 11693Ns (18), 2017: 11138Ns (16)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_ASC View Post
    Erm...

Well here is the kit as of 2017-2018.

I understand the motor mount is the smaller diameter tube. There's a coupler inside the airframe body tube, and I have a feeling I could connect the other short airframe tube to extended airframe length.
    No instruction manual.
    So hereís the deal. Once you get to this type of rocket the assumption is that youíve done a few successful smaller rockets. The pieces go together the same way. If you havenít done any, I suggest you look at the instructions that Public Missiles have on their website or even better search through the many build threads by Crazy Jim (Blackjack2654) here on TRF, or at the vast amount of useful information on John Cokerís website.

Steve Shannon
    Steve Shannon
    L3CC, TAP, Director, Tripoli Rocketry Association

Nothing missing. I just haven't used a DD system before and it perplexed me upon sight.

You should get a text when it shipswith tracking link, a text when it is out for delivery, and another text upon arrival a few minutes after the doorbell rings.

I've done the RB-05A from Wildman which I need to fix the fillets on. I don't plan on flying sandhawk soon. I will snoop around for links on TRF or ask about DD setups. The similarity ends with the bulkhead and MMT system between the smaller rocket and this one.

So something like this?
    Nosecone
    Airframe extension
    G12 airframe coupler/avionics bay/Bulkheads
    Vent band
    Airframe tube
    Motor Mount/Fins/centering rings

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_ASC View Post
    I've done the RB-05A from Wildman which I need to fix the fillets on. I don't plan on flying sandhawk soon. I will snoop around for links on TRF or ask about DD setups. The similarity ends with the bulkhead and MMT system between the smaller rocket and this one.
    Hereís a great place to start:
    http://jcrocket.com/certify-level-1.shtml

Then read this:
    http://jcrocket.com/certify-level-2.shtml
    Steve Shannon
    L3CC, TAP, Director, Tripoli Rocketry Association

Thanks about 8:00 explains DD on the L-2 vid.