Blackhawk 24 tube sizes?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew_ASC

UTC SEDS 2017 3rd/ SEDS 2018 1st
Reaction score
Does anyone have the ID and OD in mm of a Blackhawk24 airframe tube? I'd like to model another nosecone for a later project. Thanks.

And I don't have a kit infront of me with a pair of calipers to measure the OD or wall thickness. You may find manufacturing tolerances lead to ID of not exactly 24mm.

And I don't have a kit infront of me with a pair of calipers to measure the OD or wall thickness. You may find manufacturing tolerances lead to ID of not exactly 24mm.

It’s likely not EXACT, but what is your concern with the size? (Lacking measurements, we may be able to offer other advice)

Manufacturability of a 3rd party printed nosecone to my specs for the heck of it. It generally helps when I have the tube sizes even if I must have an airframe in hand with a caliper to extract the info before doing a design.

Where are you getting a Blachhawk 24 at, I have wanted one but Wildman hasn't offered them in a while iirc?

Yeah Darn it. Hopefully he has another batch in progress.

Wow, NO idea how I missed that they were briefly in stock. Ah well, I didn't have one before, & still don't :)

They weren't up the day before. They appeared yesterday. I thought well I'll buy it tomorrow and then sold out. I just hope it restocks like other products and isn't a once a year item.

Back