What did YOU buy over the Black Wed/Fri/Sat sales ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
For last few weeks ..Wed nite and coming weekend, what did you buy for your rocket armada?

So far:

3in. glass airframe tube from Performance Hobbies sale.
MadCow Nike-Apache kit.
Harness from Teddy @ One BadHawk
Motors from Wildman

Sadly... not a darn thing. Even worse, my boss is hinting that we will probably move again in June, so my workshop will be getting packed and pretty much all rocketry activities will be suspended until further notice. *Maybe* by fall something can be unpacked enough to start something, but with a little luck, I might be able attend a launch somewhere.

Too much.
2 of the Nike Apache deal
Lots of reloads
A 4" FG from a new vendor
Two 2.2" FG kits from the same vendor.
A 5.5" cardboard scale kit.

2-stage Darkstar Jr.
Falcon 3
Motors
EggFinder RX GPS add on and Wifi Switch (I'm not standing next to the sustainer of that Darkstar when I arm it)

Last edited:
Never done the Black Friday thing before....but did get in on the Madcow Nike Apache sale this time.

Blood was in the water and the frenzy was hard to avoid this time. LOL:lol::drool:

Mostly altimeters and other gear for a couple projects, but couldn't resist the Nike Apache. Just crossing my fingers now on some 54mm motor hardware.

Have wait and see what Wildman offers tomorrow, otherwise its looking like a Eggfiner Mini and a Eggfinder LCD-GPS module. Madcow had a good sale but the only rocket I really wanted was the 1.1 Go Devil and its been out of stock for a bit.

I ordered a Geissele buffer spring kit for my AR. Pretty stoked.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Well I would buy a Blackhawk24 but they sold out the first day they were posted!!! I might just grab some CTI and AT hardware and motors.

EggFinder mini
ET Quantum
ET Quark
ET LCD GPS module
Wildman 2-stage ShapeShifter Jr.

The missus said we could buy our own Christmas gifts this year, so I did :happydeer:

So far both LOC park flyers and the LOC Patriot from Wildman's black Wednesday extravaganza. And a bunch of 24mm and 18mm reloads last week.

Likewise. Ended up getting a non minimum diameter 38mm that will probably get built as minimum diameter.

I even e-mailed Madcow to see when the go devils and smaller Mongoose was going to be in stock but nobody got back to me.

They even restocked the Mongoose 38mm kit that sold out a few weeks ago, magic how they happened to get more when the sale wasn't as good on it. Oh well, maybe next year.

Have wait and see what Wildman offers tomorrow, otherwise its looking like a Eggfiner Mini and a Eggfinder LCD-GPS module. Madcow had a good sale but the only rocket I really wanted was the 1.1 Go Devil and its been out of stock for a bit.

They even restocked the Mongoose 38mm kit that sold out a few weeks ago, magic how they happened to get more when the sale wasn't as good on it. Oh well, maybe next year.

BuwhahHaha...
Yeah. I had to beg the Madcow owner for weeks about the CF iD/OD sizes because we were team scratch building MD components to fit on a senior project. Most unresponsive business owner I've ever dealt with. Nice products. Decent pricing. Just no sense of urgency to answer. There's still bits of Madcow CF tubing in fragments on the Bonneville Salt Flat. Wasn't the tube's fault. Couple O dorks sanded it too far. Lol.

I’m need to finish and repair many rockets before buying more - so One Bad hawk harness and a couple RRC2s for me.
Got my eye on a MAC CF but won’t be BF sale

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Got a 38mm carbon mongoose kit from madcow and the nike apache, some rocket poxy, a 38mm aeropack min diameter retainer. From additive aerospace a couple of 38mm sleds and stuff. More tomorrow for my SS

Madcow 1.1 Carbon Fiber Mongoose
Wildman Blackhawk 29 (Bought on the 22nd)
I have been very interested in Minimum Diameter lately I can not wait to solve any problems I encounter (Is that weird :confused:)

1 x G5000 RocketPoxy - 2-Pint
12 x 225Lb Swivel
6 x 350Lb Swivel
2.2" Madcow Fiberglass Adventurer
NCR Hobgoblin

Spent way too much. Might need a police protection when this all shows up at the house.

So far not much and hopefully it stays that way...have to get through Wildman's sale still.

Qty. 1 MadCow Nike-Apache kit.
Qty. 3 LiquidFyre Mobius Mini Camera (std. lens A) with Open Sled and Carbon Fiber Shroud for an 8" airframe

I got in on the second round for the Madcow Nike-Apache. Also picked up a $20 oscilloscope from Amazon that COULD be used to test flight computers...

Still waiting on this Wildman Black Saturday Sale to show up.... So impulsive.

Back