What did YOU buy over the Black Wed/Fri/Sat sales ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up:
- 2 GPS add-on units for my 2 Eggfinder LCD units
- A Marsa54LHD, polo shirt and an X-Celerator from Madcow, didn't really need another kit but it felt like a good price and I don't have any split-fin rockets
- Epoxy, chutes (for the X-Celerator, Madcow didn't have the sizes I wanted), and a bunch of AT motors from Wildman

Was also going to pick up some CTI motors, but it took long enough to put my order together than the supply ran out on everything I had put in my cart, so that solved that problem. I was also going to buy almost twice as many AT motors, but I started to feel bad that I wouldn't be supporting my local vendor, so I pulled back and kept only the more expensive motors and the Dark Matters since they had the larger discount.

I asked for the X-Celerator to be modified to a lengthened 75mm MMT for a tailcone retainer, but couldn't find anyone selling the TA7539PA at a BF/BS sale, so I still need to order this.

between what I bought at the Wildman sale (a few motors, including 2 4G Ks, and a couple of kits), and then what I bought for my other hobby, I think my wife is going to kill me!

Tons of stuff from 5 TRF vendors:
+ Madcow (3 figures)
+ Eggtimer (3 figures)
+ OneBadHawk (3 figures)
+ Additive Aerospace (3 figures)
+ Wildman (4 figures)

Wildman was going to get 2x from me, but executed unannounced mid-day sale halt, leaving 1/2 of my order stranded in the cart with no warning or explanation.
Nice move for BMS!

+ BMS order (www.balsamachining.com) at the expense of Wildman, virtually identical prices to that of WM BF sale (4 figures)

Now the key is to receive most of the deliveries while my wife is out shopping somewhere...
:smile:

a

Tons of stuff from 5 TRF vendors:
+ Madcow (3 figures)
+ Eggtimer (3 figures)
+ OneBadHawk (3 figures)
+ Additive Aerospace (3 figures)
+ Wildman (4 figures)

Wildman was going to get 2x from me, but executed unannounced mid-day sale halt, leaving 1/2 of my order stranded in the cart with no warning or explanation.
Nice move for BMS!

+ BMS order (www.balsamachining.com) at the expense of Wildman, virtually identical prices to that of WM BF sale (4 figures)

Now the key is to receive most of the deliveries while my wife is out shopping somewhere...
:smile:

a
You must really enjoy getting bashed by TRF members...

Madcow: Nike Apache and 38mm Mongoose
LiquidFyre: 2.6" and 3" camera bundles
Wildman: Mach 2, a dozen motors, some misc pieces, another Punisher 3, another DS mini, AT cases
One Bad Hawk: hardware and kevlar
MAC Performance: VTS-6 and foam

I wanted to get a kit from Mach 1 Rocketry, they have some slick kits. Their website was acting wonky though and under Contact Us there was only an address - no phone or email. I will check back on them as it looked like the website was a work in progress.

I genuinely don't care.
If I did, I would have quit Usenet 35+ years ago.

But if WM folks are reading, they might learn more how to improve their business from constructive feedback, than all the flattery in the world...

Sent from my Pixel using Rocketry Forum mobile app
And maybe you could do yourself a favor and learn how to read. It was clearly announced that the sale ended at noon CST. You just keep making new friends every day, huh?

Re: unannounced
Here’s the email that preceded the sales Wildman had:
Wildman’s will be having their annual holiday sales this week.
Wednesday from 6-10pm central time .(this sale is only for current Wildman Club members)
Saturday 6Am – 12 Noon Central Time ( this sale is open to everyone)
The next e-mail sent out will have all of the details for the Wednesday sale and it will be sent out at 530 central time Wednesday evening.
Thank You
Tim

Steve Shannon

Placed my Eggtimer order today which ends this holiday seasons spend for me.

3 Quarks, 1 eggtimer classic, 1 Pyro expansion board ( backordered due to Nike Apache deal)
A Mini lathe built in China by orphans with bloody fingers, 1",1½" and 2” graphite rods for nozzles, a few 6061 T-6 drops, bits, boring bars, Jacobs chuck, holders and other assorted lathe tooling. My hardware attrition was exceeding my budget. �� Now I can make 'em as fast as I can blow 'em up.

Hi Guys,

Madcow - Nike Apache

Wildman - Demon
Ultimate Wildman
38 mm Blackhawk
Too many dollars worth of motors and accessories

Mac Performance - Mike’s making me a custom 3” carbon fiber kit. No Black Friday discount on the custom stuff. Who cares, the rocket will be real cool!

I’ve learned two things from the Black Friday Sales.

1) I cannot complain about my partner’s shoe purchases.
2) I’m glad that a password is required to get into this forum. :lol:

Well after my pleasant 5 AM call with you, I promptly got myself of them 5" Goblins. I couldn't resist the temptation of having that with my 5.5" Red Max.

Braden

I'm hoping that part of that includes a car/truck/vehicle!

close. unfortunately I can't seen to rotate my picture the way I could before....

It included a rocket palace! 16x20, 2 story...paid that bill (could have gotten a vehicle for that price)
Went to home depot & got all the fixings for power (in CT the electrical system has to be waterproof, read really expensive...
Figured it was man cave, so got the HD TV and blinged out my wifi to reach it with good signal

And I spent lots with Tim....gotta have at least one of each of the special rockets for the collection...
the 4 inch falcon will sit with my 3 inch one for when I finally make it to BALLS

IMG_2129(1).jpg

dont tell the wife but i tapped out at $46k.....

And here I feel like an amateur because I just barely made it to a number with a comma in motors. Most of those are for the kids. For the kids, I tell you. :)

I still need to get the GPS add-on for the Eggfinder RX, then I'm done.

Just before last Wednesday, one of my rocketry friends suggested I go over to the RV and inventory motors before buying anything new.
I came back with a list of that included lots of 29mm, LOTS of 38mm, some 54mm, and 6 M's (7 if you count a baby research M1766)
So... NO MOTORS for me... (at the moment)
I also walked around looking at what I have on the build pile... Luckily, not much in HPR (a few to finish in hobby sizes), but still one 10ft Terminator which is waiting for a 4" hole upgrade.
Plus, I am really focussed on my current 2 stage projects, they are this years goals.
So... NO KITS NEEDED.

End result.
Motors
-none-

Kits
3" Purple Parrot (for use as booster in 2 stage)
Bestes (AMW) 4" Bigger Daddy's with 54mm MMT's x2 (one will get 3" hole for a 2 grain 75mm)
Donut AV bay (54mm) for Bigger Daddy

------

and i said i wouldn't buy anything... i didn't NEED anything..

Last edited:
I'm just curious... When do people usually get their orders from Wildman?

Thanks,

Depends on what you bought. Kits & supplies are usually in stock and shipped within a week or so. But if you read the fine print, it’s a preorder sale on most motors so it could be several weeks. Patience is a virtue little man!

Depends on what you bought. Kits & supplies are usually in stock and shipped within a week or so. But if you read the fine print, it’s a preorder sale on most motors so it could be several weeks. Patience is a virtue little man!

Yes, Yes, I have a lot of patience built in me.. Just curious!! :)

Thanks,

I'm just curious... When do people usually get their orders from Wildman?

Thanks,

As mentioned above, if you ordered motors it was a presale. Orders can arrive anywhere from early December to mid February.

The posts asking where their motors are typically start in a couple weeks. The whiney posts start around Christmas. The reminder posts that it was a presale follow shortly after.

Back