Crowd-sourced Image Interpolation of Aerobee-Hi

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dugway

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I'm finishing up a Cosmodrome Aerobee-Hi, based on the round that appears in the Life magazine "Aerobee Hi Shoot For Space Frontiers" photos, currently hosted by Google Images. There are many awesome photos clearly showing many of the markings, my only remaining hurdle is the booster fins. One photo here clearly shows the "AF12" on the sustainer fins. The other photo is the best shot of the booster fins, which is unfortunately not clear at all. So, what do you think the lettering is on the booster fins? The same as the sustainer? Or, like many Aerobee rounds, are the sustainer and booster marked differently?

I know that I THINK the booster fins are showing, but I want to get other ideas before I commit to decals on this thing!

Thanks!

2752963b6a40b29d_large.jpg

fa683108641548cb_large.jpg

First photo shows the booster fins, 2nd photo sustainer. I think both have AF 12 on them.

kj

Have you tried contacting Aerojet? They sent me a CD of photos and drawings of the Astrobee D several years ago.

Cool, just sent an e-mail to Aerojet Rocketdyne Media Inquiries, we'll see if I get a response. Do you have any contact information from your contact?

Unfortunately, my Google Drive is full. But I'd be happy to send you a CD. Just PM me with your address.

I have a ton of space on my Google Drive. I'd be willing to host it for some time.

Absolutely. PM me your email address and I'll make a spot for it tonight when I get home. (Can't get to it through the company firewall.) I'll shoot you an email when I've done it.

Well, I found out why my Google Drive is full. Apparently, every photo I've taken with my phone has been automatically uploaded to it going all the way back to 2012. Hundreds, maybe thousands, of photos. I'm trying to delete them all, but apparently you can't select more than 150 or 200 at a time. It's very tedious. I need to figure out how to delete them all easily, and I need to stop my phone from uploading my photos.

My drive has been set up. If you get the stuff uploaded, let me know. I'll post the shareable link so everyone can access it.

Cool! I'll get that link up tonight when I get home. I've only used about 5 gig in several years and I still have 10 left. I should be able to host it for quite some time.

It was a lot of fun going through the CD when I first got it. My favorites were the sales brochures, and the drawing that shows a drinking straw as part of the ignitor.

Outstanding scale drawing package! After I downloaded the set, I converted the drawings from TIF format to PDF for ease of handling. Three drawings and DCNs (drawing change notices) were in the oddball CAL file format. I dropped the files as images in AutoCAD and printed them as a PDF.

Aerojet-Rocketdyne still has CDs of the Astrobee-D and Astrobee-1500 scale data CDs. Took them about two weeks for them to send them to me. Address is still good.

If anyone else has scale data they would like me to host, just let me know.

I've got the Astrobee-D and Astrobee 1500 drawings converted to PDF format from the original TIF files. They are much easier to handle and are smaller in file size without sacrificing detail.

In preparation, I have slightly re-organized my Google Drive folder. If you previously bookmarked the link, it may not work anymore. I have corrected the link in my previous post and here it is again. Scale Data

Back