AIRFEST XXIV

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBrown

Phoenix Driver
Reaction score
AirFest XXIV will be held at the Rocket Pasture in Argonia over the long Labor Day weekend, August 31 through September 3, 2018.

Like past years, AirFest will feature plenty of wide open recovery space, a 50,000'AGL waiver and plenty of friends and vendors. It's not too early to start making plans to attend.

Who's coming and what are you planning on flying this year?

Wow Bob,,
Now this has just got to be a record..
I bet ya anything this thread goes all year long,, lol..

Teddy

Already planning, and my Dad, who has attended the last few years as a spectator, has caught the bug...for oddrocs of all things. He and I are collaborating on a project we call "Highly Agitated" starting from a plastic washing machine agitator from a machine he scrapped. I love that he has started to look at piles of parts and see rockets. I'm thinking an AT K550 or Loki I405 will be perfect for it pending nose weight needs.

Wow Bob,,
Now this has just got to be a record..
I bet ya anything this thread goes all year long,, lol..

Teddy

Yea, I know it's early! Except we have already gotten emails about when it's going to be and when will registration be open (not until almost summer).

Yea, I know it's early! Except we have already gotten emails about when it's going to be and when will registration be open (not until almost summer).

Have you given any thought of embedding one of those countdown timers on the KB website that will show the remaining time to 0900 on 31 August 2018?

I plan to be there!!!!! What will i fly??? Maybe something in a size 3.

Was just notified that cousin is getting hitched just north of KC on Labor Day Weekend.

Then I saw this thread and realized... "Wait! But KC is that much closer to Argonia from STL!"

So we will see what happens. I have several fun builds coming through the pipeline and can really use the waiver!

-Mike

Just marked the calendar. We've had Airfest on the list for a few years. Everyone says once you go...you always go! Guess its time to build a M/D from our new 3" Carbon Fiber.

I had a blast this year and got my L3 as well. I definitely plan to be back next year, hopefully with my first 3" MD build.

Oh, and I just cracked open the av bay from my L3 rocket for the first time since I left the rocket pasture and found it was full of spider webs and the little critter was still in there...kinda dead, though. I think he crawled into a vent hole while it was laying in the field and decided to be a stow away back to Atlanta.

Building a 4” Wildman Falcon. Hopefully have that ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Building a 4” Wildman Falcon. Hopefully have that ready to go.

WWWWHHHHHAAAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna know what you're doing fer electronics.......

Teddy

... August 31 through September 3, 2018...

So this is a 4-day launch - is that right?
We have been thinking of making the trip for a few years... It a long drive, 825 miles for us.
Dad has a K motor that will put us over the waiver at Bong, so this would be a good place for us to fly it.

Finally bought a new truck to haul all our stuff to this launch. We will be there with all the bells and whistles, and darkstars, and motors, and.....
Yes, it's your fault Teddy, never should have sat in your truck.

Yeeeuuuup.... already planning my return with several projects this time. 1 finished & ready to fly. 3 more being built!

I'd rather go to Airfest than a LDRS...[unless it's there]

I still need to rebuild it. Remember? I took a core sample of salt with it after the drogue didn’t deploy and the main shredded. I wish I had taken a picture.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I still need to rebuild it. Remember? I took a core sample of salt with it after the drogue didn’t deploy and the main shredded. I wish I had taken a picture.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Well, it's a good thing you have plenty of time, eh?

Finally bought a new truck to haul all our stuff to this launch. We will be there with all the bells and whistles, and darkstars, and motors, and.....
Yes, it's your fault Teddy, never should have sat in your truck.

Oopppssss,,
Sorry Wayne,, lol...
I sure do love my truck though...
You're lovin yours too,, right ??
Have you towed with it yet ??
It's easy to forget your towing,, lol..

Teddy

Oopppssss,,
Sorry Wayne,, lol...
I sure do love my truck though...
You're lovin yours too,, right ??
Have you towed with it yet ??
It's easy to forget your towing,, lol..

Teddy

Are you kidding, Teddy? We put the trailer on when "Logan" (the new truck, all our vehicles get names) had 25 miles on it. Wayne is driving to the launch, I'm reading the manual to figure out how to work things and after a little while we looked at each other and said "what trailer?!?". Had to actually look out the back to see if it was still there (it was). :surprised:

It's going to make getting to Airfest a breeze

Never too early to plan for AIRFEST. One of the two major launches of my whole blooming rocketing year. Best danged launch anywhere with the exception of that BALLSY thing out there in that desert which I also like to attend. but which usually ends for me with some type of aerodynamic deconstruction. Yep. I am going to be in Argonia first. As always

Back