AIRFEST XXIV

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys!!!!
Yeah I almost bit the big one. Valve replacement & 2 by-passes.
Happened to fast, to really think about it actually.

I went to surgeon Monday and was cleared to start driving again. I began a 2 month re-hab, but that has been sidetracked for awhile, due to fighting off some sinus infections. When that's over [taking meds] Fri...I'll continue rehab.. Can't really do much for quite awhile.
I will be at Airfest come hell or high water. It will be my first launch ,since the incident in early April.
Ya ain't get'n rid of me...that easy!
Got to get in shape to bug Bob....Hmmmm.LOl :facepalm:
Glad to hear your on the mend Jim. Look forward to seeing you at AF 2018!

Hi guys!!!!
Yeah I almost bit the big one. Valve replacement & 2 by-passes.
Happened to fast, to really think about it actually.

I went to surgeon Monday and was cleared to start driving again. I began a 2 month re-hab, but that has been sidetracked for awhile, due to fighting off some sinus infections. When that's over [taking meds] Fri...I'll continue rehab.. Can't really do much for quite awhile.
I will be at Airfest come hell or high water. It will be my first launch ,since the incident in early April.
Ya ain't get'n rid of me...that easy!
Got to get in shape to bug Bob....Hmmmm.LOl :facepalm:

People need to know that in your situation, one can get very tired quickly. Bang away at rehab as soon as you are able 'cause that's extremely important. From what you
went through, it could take a year before you feel back to normal.

Even after rehab, stay active, keep the weight off, take your meds and report anything you think might be a side effect so your stuff can be fine tuned. Don't just stop a drug
'cause you don't like it, let the medicos know so they can have the option to try something else if a med makes ya feel like crap. Kurt

Started building my 4" Punisher last week. Sharon is starting her's today. We decided to work on our 75mm EX loads for another year, so will be picking up a couple more snap ring cases. Just got an Ellis Mountain 75/7000 casing from jsdemar on this forum, it will fit nicely in the Punishers. Mixed up our first big batch of "Not Your Wimpy Red" last month, so we will have several motors ready.That Hobart 20 qt. mixer makes it easy to cast a bunch of grains.

Started building my 4" Punisher last week. Sharon is starting her's today. We decided to work on our 75mm EX loads for another year, so will be picking up a couple more snap ring cases. Just got an Ellis Mountain 75/7000 casing from jsdemar on this forum, it will fit nicely in the Punishers. Mixed up our first big batch of "Not Your Wimpy Red" last month, so we will have several motors ready.That Hobart 20 qt. mixer makes it easy to cast a bunch of grains.

I believe I have a four inch punisher as well, but don’t see having time to build it before Airfest, but we’ll see.

Joe

I’m going to finish my 4” punisher, and probably fly it there on a 75/6000 White Trash EX motor. Just need to get the right nozzle for it.

I believe I have a four inch punisher as well, but don’t see having time to build it before Airfest, but we’ll see.

Joe

Given a choice between building the punisher and rebuilding the 3" Darkstar, go for the Darkstar. On the other hand, I'm also rebuilding my 4" Drago, which re-kitted itself when an altimeter decided that the rocket had reached apogee while the K850 was still lit.... It's a lot easier to build a new kit than it is to rebuild the pieces from parts scattered across the field. From what I remember, the darkstar you recovered off the salt was in pretty bad shape.

I’m going to finish my 4” punisher, and probably fly it there on a 75/6000 White Trash EX motor. Just need to get the right nozzle for it.

We tried to pick up a LOKI 75/6000 from Teddy, but he was out of stock. If they get more before Airfest, we might be flying one too. What size nozzle do you need?

I tried to register with my iPad but the PayPal link wouldn’t work. I’ll try again on a computer. Anyone who knows me understands that if I can’t do it on my iPad I’m not likely to do it at all. But I’ll make an exception for this.

Hello all.

The AIRFest 24 web site is open for business.

Go to https://www.kloudbusters.org and choose the AIRFest link on the left side menu.

Preregistration, t-shirts, burger blast, volunteer rangee duty, etc. are all available there.

Thanks, --Lance.

Registered today! I'll sign up for some range duty spots soon too. Looking forward to being in the Rocket Pasture!

I tried to register with my iPad but the PayPal link wouldn’t work. I’ll try again on a computer. Anyone who knows me understands that if I can’t do it on my iPad I’m not likely to do it at all. But I’ll make an exception for this.
No specific problem had been detailed to us regarding using the site on any desktop or mobile platform. If some are being experienced, please send more info including screen shots to [email protected]

TIA.

Registered and signed up for range duty. If any one is hesitant about helping out on the range, there are explanations and duties of all positions. Easy peasy and you get to see all kinds of cool rockets up close and meet some great folks. So do be shy and sign up to help out today. Oh yeah, everyone that helps out with range duty is eligible to win free stuff, and they give away some awesome stuff. I won a complete AT 29mm complete motor set!

Registered and signed up for range duty. If any one is hesitant about helping out on the range, there are explanations and duties of all positions. Easy peasy and you get to see all kinds of cool rockets up close and meet some great folks. So do be shy and sign up to help out today. Oh yeah, everyone that helps out with range duty is eligible to win free stuff, and they give away some awesome stuff. I won a complete AT 29mm complete motor set!
Hey thanks for the awesome PSA on range duty. I'll add that even if you have never done a certain volunteer task, every one of them has multiple people working together and we can show you the ropes to get started. Easy peasy, indeed!

--Lance.

Quick pre-registration update ...

We have just added 4XL to the available options for AIRFest 24 t-shirts. This is for pre-registration only; we won't be ordering any extras of this size.

Anyone from the Utica, Syracuse, Rochester NY area going? Thinking of making the drive and renting a 6x12 to tow along. I would consider car pooling and share the 24hr drive time.

We're seeing a fair number of new folks registering for AIRFest 24. This is awesome.

Be sure to go the web-site and review the "For Flyers Only" information. Recognize especially that prior review of high-altitude flights is required for KLOUDBusters launches. The submission form is here: https://kloudbusters.org/airfest/documents/KBHiAltApp.doc and the deadline is July 31, 2018. Please do us a favor and submit it now, so you don't forget.

Thanks, --Lance.

Back