AIRFEST XXIV

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven’t decided that yet. Most likely a home brew 12,500 or 17,500

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Might have to make this one. Last big launch I went to was LDRS in 2002. Current LDRS is of completely and utter fail. LDRS with max M motor, 17kft waiver, no EX, and 1/3 of the available motor manufactures banned? No thanks.

Will have to see if I can make BALLS and Airfest.

Last edited:
AirFest XXIV will be held at the Rocket Pasture in Argonia over the long Labor Day weekend, August 31 through September 3, 2018.

Like past years, AirFest will feature plenty of wide open recovery space, a 50,000'AGL waiver and plenty of friends and vendors. It's not too early to start making plans to attend.

Who's coming and what are you planning on flying this year?

What is the web address for Airfest?

Finally bought a new truck to haul all our stuff to this launch. We will be there with all the bells and whistles, and darkstars, and motors, and.....
Yes, it's your fault Teddy, never should have sat in your truck.

What truck did you get?

What truck did you get?

It's almost a Denali:
2017-10-25%20Logan.jpg

2018 GMC Sierra 1 ton 4x4 Duramax diesel.

Funny what this hobby will make you buy: Trucks, trailers, small houses with LARGE outbuilding for workshops, big mixers; the list goes on and on......

Funny what this hobby will make you buy: Trucks, trailers, small houses with LARGE outbuilding for workshops, big mixers; the list goes on and on......

Tell me about it. We couldn't justify that truck and our toy hauler if we didn't have all these great launch venues to travel to.

Tell me about it. We couldn't justify that truck and our toy hauler if we didn't have all these great launch venues to travel to.

I be SOL as my lovely spouse and now grown children didn't give two sheets to the breeze what I did except keep a roof over their heads and keep the cable/internet bill paid!:confused2:
Kurt

It's almost a Denali:
2017-10-25%20Logan.jpg

Cool!! I have a 2017 ram cummins 2500 last April 2017. I took it to airfest last year towing my RV. The towing capacity for my truck is 17,100 pounds with a 68rfe tranny. I wanted a 3500 but with a 68rfe tranny the towing capacity was around the same but the only difference was paypoad around 1500 pounds more. Towing with a I6 cummins is so much better then a small block v8 gasser. I get 14 highway towing my set up for airfest.

It's almost a Denali:
2017-10-25%20Logan.jpg

Very Nice! I'm guessing you won't be tossing me the keys to park this one for you like the old truck lol!

Very Nice! I'm guessing you won't be tossing me the keys to park this one for you like the old truck lol!

There's probably a button on it somewhere that I can push that will make it park itself. They should give a course on all the features it has and how to use them.

I am coming again, maybe with Orange Crush and a P motor.

OOhhh Yeahhhhhh,,,,
Man,, that was one of the most smokin flights I've ever seen...
The air was so clear you could see the apogee event...
I think Orange Crush achieved something like 25K ft !!!!!

Teddy

Can I camp there with my pop-up camper? I am hoping to be able to set a Complex K altitude record there with a rocket I call "The Golden Sundrop." It sims to 40,000'. 54mm booster. 38mm sustainer.

Can I camp there with my pop-up camper? I am hoping to be able to set a Complex K altitude record there with a rocket I call "The Golden Sundrop." It sims to 40,000'. 54mm booster. 38mm sustainer.

Evan,
Yep! Camping is allowed (and encouraged) on the rocket pasture. You will need to fill out our night altitude flight request at least 30 days before the launch. It can be found on our website, www.kloudbusters.org
Bob Brown

Flight booked, car rental reserved, hotel booked... Have not been able to harass Bob Brown since 2012!

:cheers:

Back