What happend to Elmer's CWF?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeromeK99

Reaction score
Howdy everybody!

I'm back in the hobby after taking a couple of years off. Dug out a couple of kits this weekend and built them with my 11 year old niece and nephew. I got the bug tonight to start a build myself. My CWF is rock solid.. but it appears they don't make it anymore.
which of their new wood fillers is similar consistency and water based?

Howdy everybody!

I'm back in the hobby after taking a couple of years off. Dug out a couple of kits this weekend and built them with my 11 year old niece and nephew. I got the bug tonight to start a build myself. My CWF is rock solid.. but it appears they don't make it anymore.
which of their new wood fillers is similar consistency and water based?

Really? I saw some at the hardware store like a month ago... Weird. Better save my tub then!

Well that's what had... and can't find now.

There is a new Color Change Wood Filler and Probond Wood Filler. Elmer's dosn't even have the old CWF listed anymore. :(

Hoping to learn if either of the new ones are similar.

Jerome

I like the color changing stuff, personally. You can tell when it's time to sand, and with bigger blobs I can see when I need to stop and let it dry some more. Home depot has the DAP brand and it's all I use any more.

Quite the contrary, CLICK HERE

You sure about that one ? I always recommend avoiding the ones that contain "real wood fibers". Too gritty and even harder to sand than regular cwf. I like Tonimus' link better and other TRFers have reported satisfactory results with the color change stuff.

Don’t use the Elmer’s Pro stuff. It’s terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

You sure about that one ? I always recommend avoiding the ones that contain "real wood fibers". Too gritty and even harder to sand than regular cwf. I like Tonimus' link better and other TRFers have reported satisfactory results with the color change stuff.

EWE! That's not the link I thought I posted at all. That "Stainable" is too darn tough to sand. My bad. Nice catch Samb. Nonetheless, We still have access to that Plain Jane wood filler as always.

Back