Onebadhawk Recovery Harnesses Black Weekend Sale...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onebadhawk

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I would like to thank each and every one of you..
You have supported us and pushed us forward and up in a way we wouldn’t have dared dream..
We donate raffle prizes all the time..
But each year we feel this is a more direct way of saying a substantial and heartfelt Thank you to this whole wonderful community..
Onebadhawk will run the annual "Black Friday" sale, but this year there’ll be more on sale than ever before..
As in years past ( the idea originally came from Cris Erving, lol ) we will run the sale for the entire Thanksgiving week..
it's much more relaxed / no rush this way..
Tuesday 11/21/2017 through Tuesday 11/28/2017 you’ll get the best deals of the year on harnesses and a whole lot more..
As usual, we try to help with the expense of setting up dual deploy rockets..
The sale will be "Buy 3 get 1 of equal or lesser value free" on every harness on the Onebadhawk site....
Those savings will average out to between 20% and 25%..... Now that's a great deal on some great harnesses..
( But of course, cannot include any custom work )...
And just because I love to see them out in the field at a launch,,
Anyone who's total comes out to $200 or more I'll throw in the coolest T shirt around,,,
A Onebadhawk T Shirt of your choice ( Blue, Gold, or Lime ) for as long as existing supply's last,,,
The shirts are just as cool as it gets,, just wait till you see them,, that's another 15% off the entire order...

I’d also like to take this opportunity to make an announcement..
Onebadhawk Polished Stainless Steel Hardware is commonly known as “the right stuff” and everyone loves it..
Wildman Hobbies and Chris’s Rocket Supplies will now be carrying Onebadhawk Polished Stainless Steel Hardware..
To celebrate this new affiliation the best hardware around will be offered at the best prices of the year to sweeten the pot on the black weekend sale offerings,, you’ll get 10% off all the stainless hardware you’d like no matter where you buy it,,
Onebadhawk Recovery Harnesses,, Wildman Hobbies,, or Chris’s Rocket Supplies...

As always, just send me an email at the [email protected] address with all of the items you'd like,
and I'll send you an invoice to pay at PayPal..

We always love to celebrate our friendly affiliation with Wildman Hobbies,,
We will have available through Wildman Hobbies our harnesses in sets / pairs
as appropriate for any new rocket he is offering..
These harness deals will only be available through Wildman Hobbies..
These harnesses will be at a better price then they have ever been offered before,, 20% off..
I say quite often, I can't wait for you to get the harnesses, you're going to just flip when you see them..

One final word,,
My wife Sandy and I are quite fortunate this year to have a house full coming for Thanksgiving...
We used to have many over regularly, but over the years people move,, kids grow up,, go figure,, lol...
We're quite excited for Thanksgiving this year, but will be busy for the week of ( now ) and the week after ( next )..
Please be aware that as last year, we will ship as we can for the week of the sale..
I certainly hope this is OK with everyone,, but I know you folks will say this is no big deal...

I just don't know how to thank you all enough for all of your support throughout the year...

Sincerely,, respectfully,, humbly,,

Ted Chernok..
Onebadhawk Recovery Harnesses..

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Teddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Thank you so much guy's..
Sandy and I wish a wonderful Thanksgiving for everyone in this community
full of a bit too much laughter, friends and family,,
and of course the bestest meal and leftovers of the year,, lol...

You're welcome Don,, it's not just Halloween,,
Sandy likes to have candy for the kids on the table...

Teddy

Teddy, Happy Thanksgiving!! Glad to know you're having a bunch of people over, have a great Turkey day!
:cheers:
Looking forward to the sales. I always need some more haanesses (not a typo, that's how you Jersey guys speak, for real tho).
The Buy 3 Get 1 is fantastic because I know I'll need them now or later if not now. Darnit... I always find myself needing another one because I hate swapping them between rockets... Too much hassle.
Love your 11/32" stuff. Soft, durable, and I've flown them so many damn times that I'm honestly shocked at how little they've worn. Really, they're just dirty.
I've got one harness that I'm not sure what size it is, it's perfect for my 3" and 2" rockets... I think it's the 3/16" stuff. Man that is one cool harness. SO friggin small, but super strong and because it's so small, I've packed it in a Mac Black Fly. 25 feet of this stuff packed into a little sport size rocket WITH a 6-grain motor WITH a 20" Recon and JLCR wrapped up in Nomex. It was like the harness wasn't even there. I think I need like 10 of those to put in all my bigger HED stuff. Man. Teddy, you're going to break my bank.
Finally, THANK YOU for keeping it open all week... That way I can wait until I see what I'm picking up from Tim on Saturday's sale and order from you based on that.

Onebadhawk... Best vendor in High Power. Period... And friend too.

Sent from my Pixel using Rocketry Forum mobile app

+1
I'm a perfectionist when it comes rocketry, so ALL of my high power rockets use Teddy's hardware and recovery harnesses.

It was good seeing you again at MDRA last weekend Teddy. I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

I have been a customer of Teddy's for sometime now. Can't beat the products or the service!! And he is definitely one of the "good guys"!

Thank you guy's,,
Nathan I'm almost sorry for poking fun because your paint jobs are so perfect,, almost,, lol..
Thank you so much Mike,, it was super nice seeing you at Airfest again last September..

I'd like to let you all know right now that I use 5 gal buckets when I do production runs of harnesses..
I just soaked a 21 lb tuykey in a bucket in a brine for 24 hours,, then took it out and injected the bird with a ton of an inject mix I made up...
The bird is now back in the bucket,, in the fridge,, ( I dumped out the brine of course )..
So for the next few months if you get a delivery from me and you suddenly get really hungry when you open the package you'll know why...

Teddy

I'd like to let you all know right now that I use 5 gal buckets when I do production runs of harnesses..
I just soaked a 21 lb tuykey in a bucket in a brine for 24 hours,, then took it out and injected the bird with a ton of an inject mix I made up...
The bird is now back in the bucket,, in the fridge,, ( I dumped out the brine of course )..
So for the next few months if you get a delivery from me and you suddenly get really hungry when you open the package you'll know why...

Funny! Here I thought I was used to all the strange smells associated with Rocketry.. but now this comes along. =]

I cannot say enough about OneBadHawk Harnesses. Every rocket I own has some sort of OneBadHawk harness but my first high power when I didn't know any better. All my ESTES rockets have small Kevlar harnesses. ALL may High power and daughter's rockets have OneBadHawk. These simply perform! Not only do they perform, you cannot find a better vendor. When I had no idea what I was doing for Telemetry/GPS to make high flights, Teddy stepped right up, not to make a sale but to educate me through the process and my LDRS flight was amazing thanks to his guidance. Anyway, this JUMP on OneBadHawk harnesses and you won't be disappointed. Thanks for many many successful recoveries Teddy!

I cannot say enough about OneBadHawk Harnesses. Every rocket I own has some sort of OneBadHawk harness but my first high power when I didn't know any better. All my ESTES rockets have small Kevlar harnesses. ALL may High power and daughter's rockets have OneBadHawk. These simply perform! Not only do they perform, you cannot find a better vendor. When I had no idea what I was doing for Telemetry/GPS to make high flights, Teddy stepped right up, not to make a sale but to educate me through the process and my LDRS flight was amazing thanks to his guidance. Anyway, this JUMP on OneBadHawk harnesses and you won't be disappointed. Thanks for many many successful recoveries Teddy!
Is that kcobbva....long time no see! As for OneBadHawk stuff its the best.

Teddy for Prime Minster!

Seriously Teddy you are a great guy and you are my favourite supplier of harnesses and the "Loki", that currently lives in New Jersey with a wife named Sandy.

Happy Thanks Giving to you and Sandy.

Heyyyy,,
That's too cool...
Thank you guy's so much..
Yeah Rich,, I was going to say the same thing,,
we miss Kevin around here,,
the place is better off with him and Megan around,, lol...
How's Megan doing Kevin,, coming into adolescence,, time flies so fast it isn't even funny..
How's everything with you Rich ??
Hey Pit,, I'll run for assistantprime minister as long as the ticket reads -- Pitfield / Chernok,, lol...

Sandy's sitting next to me guy's,, she says hi to all,,
and we sure hope everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving...
It's time for turkey pot pie and turkey soup...
I think I'm starting to look like a turkey,, lol...

( you better not say anything Pit )...lol...

Teddy

Thanks Teddy! We're all good. Megan has lost interest but I'm not pushing in hopes she'll want to go out with me again. She's not too interested in building the Doornob we picked up for her at LDRS, but again, that may come. She's the only one in the family that really showed an interest, so I've slowed down for a while. Hopefully we'll get back out there sometime soon. I'm kinda bored building 4" rockets, but don't know where I'd store larger ones so I'm just planning to stick with my fleet for a while. On the good side of not picking up a new rocket this year...I finally got an XL Big Green Egg I've wanted for a long time! Anyway, look forward to getting back out eventually and maybe some free time to get back onto the forum!

Kevin,
Please tell her I said hi..
Good luck with the Big Green Egg,,
I'm into that sort of thing and have always heard wonderful things about those..
Take care Kevin,,
Be safe,,

Teddy

I just had to go look up "big green egg."

Ohh man,,
Those things have a cult following..
People swear by them..
Look up where the premise came from--

Japanese Kamada..

I hope I spelled that right,, lol..

Teddy

I won't hijack the thread except to say it's been amazing! 20 hour cooks and didn't run out of charcoal. Best Boston Butts, salmon, steaks, and over the top chili I've ever done. (and no running back and forth like the old side box smoker. Maybe next year I'll build a big rocket and paint it green! :)

I won't hijack the thread except to say it's been amazing! 20 hour cooks and didn't run out of charcoal. Best Boston Butts, salmon, steaks, and over the top chili I've ever done. (and no running back and forth like the old side box smoker. Maybe next year I'll build a big rocket and paint it green! :)

Ha,,
A Big Green Egg Lofter...lol..

Yeah Kevin,,
People that have one of those are adamant about them...
The bestest ever..

Teddy

One of the advantages of being the launch director of AirFest is that I get more access to the range than the average flyer. When something goes horribly wrong with a flight, more often than not, I get the chance to see what happened and I get the chance to learn from that failure. Some failures interest me more than others. Failing under boost (shread) has little interest to me as it normally means either bad construction techniques or a way overpowered rocket. Many of them are relatively predictable! Like MD N-5800's!
Recovery challenges are particularly interesting to me. Over the years I've seen some really stupid stuff used as shock cords including elastic shock cords with "Haynes" printed on them! It never ceases to amaze me how financially frugal (cheap?) some folks are in our hobby. The list of stuff used at one time or another is long and extensive. Some work OK others do not. Using sub-standard recovery harnesses because they are cheap is really a bad investment. When they break (not if, when), you tend to destroy rockets costing well above the cost of the recovery system.
After watching all these years, there is only one place I go to buy my recovery harnesses. In my opinion, Teddy makes the best stuff out there. Not only that, he knows more about Kevlar harnesses than virtually anyone else and is more than willing to share his expertise with whomever asks.
Rocketry can be both expensive and perhaps a little dangerous. Do yourself a favor, really increase the chances of brings your rockets back safely by using Onebadhawk harnesses. At the end of the day, it's cheaper to do this than to try some cord you found at Walmart!
Bob Browm
Prefect, Kloudbusters

One of the advantages of being the launch director of AirFest is that I get more access to the range than the average flyer. When something goes horribly wrong with a flight, more often than not, I get the chance to see what happened and I get the chance to learn from that failure. Some failures interest me more than others. Failing under boost (shread) has little interest to me as it normally means either bad construction techniques or a way overpowered rocket. Many of them are relatively predictable! Like MD N-5800's!
Recovery challenges are particularly interesting to me. Over the years I've seen some really stupid stuff used as shock cords including elastic shock cords with "Haynes" printed on them! It never ceases to amaze me how financially frugal (cheap?) some folks are in our hobby. The list of stuff used at one time or another is long and extensive. Some work OK others do not. Using sub-standard recovery harnesses because they are cheap is really a bad investment. When they break (not if, when), you tend to destroy rockets costing well above the cost of the recovery system.
After watching all these years, there is only one place I go to buy my recovery harnesses. In my opinion, Teddy makes the best stuff out there. Not only that, he knows more about Kevlar harnesses than virtually anyone else and is more than willing to share his expertise with whomever asks.
Rocketry can be both expensive and perhaps a little dangerous. Do yourself a favor, really increase the chances of brings your rockets back safely by using Onebadhawk harnesses. At the end of the day, it's cheaper to do this than to try some cord you found at Walmart!
Bob Browm
Prefect, Kloudbusters

Well said Bob; which is why Teddy gets all of my business.

Bob Browm
Prefect, Kloudbusters

Well said Bob; which is why Teddy gets all of my business.

Wow,, holey smokes man..
Thank you guy's so much..
I don't even know what to say..
I am truly humbled..
Thank you both so much guy's..

Teddy

Ok folks,,
This is a first..
I haven't kept production up to at least match orders..
I have done 3 production runs of the 3/16" Tubular Kevlar
just recently,, I started this week low on those harnesses..
I haven't been able to keep up with those and now need production runs on 2 others...
Just gimme a day or so and I'll be back to answerin emails and fillin orders..

As always thank you all VERY, very much,,

Teddy

Ooppss,,
I fergot to post up..

I am all caught up and done..
Thank you all so very much..
I honestly hope I've made setting up dual deploy rockets just a bit easier / less expensive..
I am so fortunate to deal with the bestest / nicest people in the whole world..lol..
I just can not say Thank you enough..

If there is anything I can ever do,, just holler..

Teddy

Back