McCoy's Micro Wonder Works Finished Rockets.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I don't suppose the plans are available any other location, my Yahoo! account lapsed years ago, and I've been reluctant to sign up again, given all their security problems and hackings.

... heavy to fly well on a single Micro Maxx motor. I solved this problem by designing two different Boosters. One a 10.5mm A2-0, and Second a 13mm booster to fly on A10-0's....

Well this is something that I was wondering about, thanks for answering the question that you can light a MMX sustainer engine from a 13mm BP booster engine, I guess with CHAD type staging. This gives me some ideas. Have you ever gap-staged from 13mm to MMX? I am thinking of a MIRV with 13mm booster to 3 or 4 MMX sustainers.

I like the Man in Space PMCs.

Well this is something that I was wondering about, thanks for answering the question that you can light a MMX sustainer engine from a 13mm BP booster engine, I guess with CHAD type staging. This gives me some ideas. Have you ever gap-staged from 13mm to MMX? I am thinking of a MIRV with 13mm booster to 3 or 4 MMX sustainers.

I like the Man in Space PMCs.

Thanks for the Kudos guys! it's always nice to hear some of your builds inspire others:)

Unfortunately the only other place ALL McCoy's Micor Wonder Works one page plans are available is on my Computer and back-ups. If interested in a particular rocket PM me and I'll be glad to shot you a .pdf if it's one that I've finished the Drawing. There are a number of incomplete drawings waiting for finishing touches, Paint scheme, cleaning up decals, adding dimensions and so on. That said the Majority of the Fleet is in my files.

Glen: Have not gap staged a 13mm to MMX but have done #MM 400 which is a short gap staged 2-stage bird. worked great venting the gases out between centering rings and a 1/8" port. I have to admit the .85second delay between burn-out and Upper stage ignition can be Heart Stopping. it's very important to be sure the model being staged with MMX-II-NE motors is light enough to continue straight up for at least a second before loosing momentum.

MM 415: Doubles 2-Stage: another fine Fliskit. this 2-Stage rocket does a great job using the MMX-II-NE booster motors.
MM 416: Micro "The Bat BG: This is another attempt at making a 1970's 13mm model work at Micro size. Like it's larger counterpart it is not a good flying BG. it as a tendency to roll badly on the way up but does settle into a nice glide a low altitudes.
MM 417: NanoBeam Test vehicle: Another test bed for Minimum diameter NanoBeam 5mm launch rails using either .00-90 machine screw or plastic H beam launch lugs. These 30cm x 5mm aluminum beams make Perfect launch platforms for many Scale and Semi-Scale Micro models.
MM 418: 260 USAF Space Booster: This Estes Down-Scale from the Dark Ages is a perfect example of a semi-scale rocket using plastic I beam launch lugs.
MM 419a1: Micor AIM-9L Sidewinders: This pair of Micro Scale sidewinder are to be mounted on my 1:18 Scale F-104 Wing rails. These 1: 17.79 scale Missiles are intended to be Static on the F-104 but can fly individually from a 5mm NanoBeam launch rail.
MM 419a2: Micro AIM-9L Sidewinders: Here you can see the NanoBeam & styrene Wing tip Racks for the 1:18th Scale F-104 Starfighter.
MM 419c1: Micro AIM-9b Sidewinders: These two Sidewinder also mount to the belly rack of the 1:18th scale F-104 with NanoBeam rails attached to the suppled rack
internal wiring, Lipo battery and pull out plug are intended to launch these two missiles as the Starfighter clears the 6foot launch rail. They can also be launches individually from a standard Nanobeam 5mm x 30cm launch rail.
MM 419c2: Micro AIM-9B Sidewinders: Showing Belly rack 5mm launch rails and I beam launch lugs.
MM 420: Micro Sonda II-B: (41.5 Scale) ASP micro scale kit purchased 10 years ago. a Nice little kit. flies well on single MMX-II motors.

MM 415_Doubles 2-Stage (Fliskit)_10-10-15.JPG

MM 417_NanoBeam Test Model(00-90 buttons)_04-15-16.jpg

MM 418_260 USAF Space Booster_04-15-16.JPG

MM 419a1_& 419b MM Sidewinder AIM-9L's_06-18-16.JPG

MM 419a2_& 419b_AIM-9L's Decal w Nanobeam Wing-Tip Racks_06-18-16.JPG

MM 419c1_& 419d MM Sidewinder AIM-9b's_06-18-16.JPG

MM 419c2_& 419d AIM-9b's Decaled w Nanobeam Belly Rails_06-18-16.JPG

MM 420_MM Sonda II-B (41.5 Scale)(ASP)_06-20-16.JPG

Attachments

• MM 414A_Nanite Slide-Wing RG Glider (red-yellow_2.6g)_09-07-15.JPG
    MM 414A_Nanite Slide-Wing RG Glider (red-yellow_2.6g)_09-07-15.JPG
    443.2 KB · Views: 70
A pretty amazing collection.

I'm curious how you store them all; they're tiny but extremely numerous (to say the least :)). Any pics showing how you have them all boxed, or displayed, or whatever?

We've come to the end of the line. 225 different Micro Maxx Rockets. Hope those looking through these rockets find something interesting.
The Last 5 models.

MM 421: X-7A (Lockheed test bed): This Ram-Jet Test bed rocket & booster has been fascinated me since purchase of "The X-Planes" book back in the 80's.
MM 422: Tiamat JB-3 & Booster: This 7 motor clustered Booster, single motors sustainer of the First USAF air-to-air missile and First rocket flown from Wallops Island Nasa flight range. Was quite a challenge but I was determined to make it fly! I'm still working on the Tower/Rail launcher for this 1: 23.5765 Scale launcher.
MM 423: Estes Christmas Ornament_MMX Rear Eject conversion. They said it couldn't fly...Ha Ha Ha! yes it can!
MM 424: Corporal (US Army tactical Missile): 106 scale ASP kit. a great little minimum diameter flying model.
MM 425: Micor SkyHook (T3): T3 down-Scale of one of my very first models back in the dark ages:)

That's it, we're done for now. Many more in the pipe-line and I'm sure Jim @ Fliskits will continue to come up with more new kits as well.

MM 421_x-7A (Lockheed) TopView_09-16-16.JPG

MM 422_Tiamat-JB-3 & Booster(Clustered-2-Stage)_09-02-16.JPG

MM 423_Estes Christmas Ornament_MMX Rear Eject Conv._12-04-16.JPG

MM 424_Corporal (US Army Tactical Missile) (106 Scale)(ASP)_01-20-2017.JPG

MM 425_T3 SkyHook DownScale_02-02-2017.JPG

Last edited:
A pretty amazing collection.

I'm curious how you store them all; they're tiny but extremely numerous (to say the least :)). Any pics showing how you have them all boxed, or displayed, or whatever?

LOL! I began building Micor Maxx Rockets because I ran out of room in the house and 10' x 10' x 12' shed for my Standard & MPR size rockets. Believe it or not all but 3 of these 225 model store in Labeled Zip Lock Bags in a rolling everything box and a rubber Maid 30gal. storage bin. When I go to the field I have the entire fleet less those 3 rockets with me:) Both boxes are getting full as I add Launch equipment, and supplies. but I'm sure I can fit another 25 or so in before having to add another storage box.
For Demo's I have a Traveling Micro display that sets-up in an hour or so and transports as a single unit.

MM Everything in 1- Box-a-sm__06-01-03.jpg

Traveling MicroMax Display-a_(RockvilleConsortiumofScience)_04-04-14.JPG

MMX 19.75x31x14.75 Exhibit box-b4_Box 3pic(300dpi)_04-21-06.jpg

MMX 18x30 Traveling Display-c1_63+ Models_07-29-11.jpg

Last edited:
John, you should start a thread on the rest of your fleet. Don't know if they are as well documented as your micro fleet, but you could post what you have.

John, you should start a thread on the rest of your fleet. Don't know if they are as well documented as your micro fleet, but you could post what you have.

Wow Dick! I don't know....That's another 300+ Rockets in my current Second Fleet LPR & MPR flyable fleet. Starting with OOO a converted Estes Phantom that flies at demo's every now & then. My original Saturn-V, Saturn-1B, Mercury-Redstone, Goblin and Colonial Viper Still flyable from the remains of my First fleet. All are pretty well documented just not sure where I'd put such a collection.
I'll consider starting another Thread right here, once I've re-sized all my early Static model photos. That will take awhile so stay tuned should be fun.
If interested I have a number of very Old Black & White photos of my "first fleet" before most were destroyed by Vandals (Damn nasty Kids) in the mid 1970's.
We'll see that a lot of stuff to re-size during the holidays LOL!

Last edited:
Back