Why Bullies Suck and Why No-Politics Rules are a Good Idea

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JStarStar

Reaction score
I was about to post this as a lengthy response to a thread in the Beginner's forum, but rather than hijack that whole thread, I thought maybe it deserved a post of its own ...

I am currently involved -- very loosely -- in a raging Facebook battle instigated and perpetrated by a bully, a MF-SOB [monkey faced son of a biscuit] who literally beat the hell out of me 45 years ago, knocking me out, leaving me lying in a pool of blood, splitting my lips so bad they're still scarred today, who has invaded our high school's alumni FB page, which has had a very firm no-politics rule, with, whoda thunk it, a diarrhea stream of "FYF" political posts, quickly veering into racist-sexist territory, which has several hundred members of the page, who have been remarkably civil for years, in pretty much complete chaos. In the space of about four days about 10% of the page has quit.

Which pretty much confirms that, yes, bullies suck, they'll probably still suck in 45 years, and also, no-politics rules in web pages and message boards are a very very good thing.

If you're a brainless millennial, you get a pass. Since you're not, wtf are you doing on facebook?

If you're a brainless millennial, you get a pass. Since you're not, wtf are you doing on facebook?

CORZERO strikes again and is correct. I wouldn't engage with the scumbag in the first place and do a gentle notice to whomever controls the list to get the guy stricken off.

If that doesn't work, simple, get the heck off of FB. Kurt

colonoscopy.png

Seeing that it started 45 yrs ago...doubtful millennial.
First when it comes to social media, no way anyone can get your goat unless YOU let them. It's only print for cry'n out load. Everyone involved just ignore the idiot.

Now when it comes to physicality, that's a whole 'nother beast, of which one must excel at "revenge is best served cold",
Personally I have never met an S.O.B. big enough to overcome a ball bat or tire iron strategically placed under massive force to the crotch location. Seems to make little boys of them instantly. Oh yeah...they never see it coming...nor know who did it. Knee caps work well too.

However should you be one of them "peace-nick types" one may resort to more stealth-like methods. Calling in power,water,etc. shut offs. Cutting cable phone lines from house, sugar in the gas tank tons of stuff where one won't get caught & hit 'em where it counts....their wallet!

I'm one whom normally let's live & let be..but there are times where you exhaust all legal and christian methods.Sometimes the inner "Dirty Harry" must come out for justice to be served...:dark:

Some folks are just like a bad dog...there is no hope & must be put down.

Sorry to hear your story JSS. Sounds like the perp has not evolved in the intervening time.

Some people are not worth conversing with. As hard as it seems to logical and just people, sometimes it is the only thing that keeps social media sociable and civilised.

We don't have facebook, but our cat does, just so she can keep track of our daughter when she is traveling.

It’s actually not bad for something like that— keeping contact with longtime old friends.

I check it out two or three times a week. I post myself about four times a year, almost always for some big family milestone (graduation, etc etc).

I rarely if ever make any reference to politics on FB. In fact, none, for almost a decade now.

I did once about 8-9 years ago. Within 36 hours I was called into the office and informed certain “people with the company” didn’t like to see certain kinds of FB posts by employees and it would be a real good idea for me to scrub it. (The post made no reference to the company at all, but to a political topic the head honchos of the company had certain opinions on.)

So I scrubbed it. Freedom of speech is great but a paycheck is better.

By the way, today the big bad internet bully dropped the bomb that he won the “spirit award” on the football team in 1976.

fc7be4ee1b8619de11b6e26b43b239170a7bacee7343a0634ec1451c7ceac1d2.jpg

The “spirit award,” you recall, is the award they give to the kid who doesn’t deserve to win any of the real awards, but he screams a lot in the locker room.

Somebody obviously cares enough to post twice in the thread.

Buddy, just get off FACEBOOK. It is nothing but a sheer waste of time. Fly some rockets or RC Planes in the time you save

Seeing that it started 45 yrs ago...doubtful millennial.
First when it comes to social media, no way anyone can get your goat unless YOU let them. It's only print for cry'n out load. Everyone involved just ignore the idiot.

Now when it comes to physicality, that's a whole 'nother beast, of which one must excel at "revenge is best served cold",
Personally I have never met an S.O.B. big enough to overcome a ball bat or tire iron strategically placed under massive force to the crotch location. Seems to make little boys of them instantly. Oh yeah...they never see it coming...nor know who did it. Knee caps work well too.

However should you be one of them "peace-nick types" one may resort to more stealth-like methods. Calling in power,water,etc. shut offs. Cutting cable phone lines from house, sugar in the gas tank tons of stuff where one won't get caught & hit 'em where it counts....their wallet!

I'm one whom normally let's live & let be..but there are times where you exhaust all legal and christian methods.Sometimes the inner "Dirty Harry" must come out for justice to be served...:dark:

Some folks are just like a bad dog...there is no hope & must be put down.

Well said
Bullies suck / buy the book 13 things mentally Tough People don’t do

And I’ve heard the expression “Don’t argue with stupid people, no one can tell which ones which” kinda funny but true.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Click on user name > click on ellipse next to "message" on profile page > click on "block user"

Problem solved. Walk away. Sounds like an attention whore to me. Attention whores run on one thing...attention.

If you're a brainless millennial

Kind of weird to respond to an anti-bullying thread with insulting a whole generation

Sorry, I'm just tired of getting constant grief for being under 35 - apparently my generation has totally screwed the world by finding pleasure in consumer electronics because most of us can't afford anything else due to crippling college debt and a crappy job market.

Facebook (and most comment sections) can be cesspools, but plenty of the mudslingers have birth years that start "196" or "197".

"Sorry, I'm just tired of getting constant grief for being under 35 - apparently my generation has totally screwed the world by finding pleasure in consumer electronics because most of us can't afford anything else due to crippling college debt and a crappy job market."

Um, $1000 phones for people on public aid? Since when is that a right? Isn't that a consumer electronic device? AKS

And now we’ve devolved to personal attacks. Thread locked.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back