What you would want Wildman Black Saturday sale?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be down for a Aerotech DMS and RMS sale. Even if it's only 5% off it's something.

A good deal is 25% off. A great deal would be 30% off or more. Last year's Wednesday sale prices were fantastic. Here is a cut and paste from the 11/23/16 email:

New Aerotech RMS Dark Matter
K990DM-RMS- 40% off sale price $110.99

Aerotech Super Thunder reloads
H550ST-DMS- 40% off sale price $23.99
H550ST-RMS- 40% off sale price $22.79
K2050ST-RMS- 40% off sale price $67.99

Aerotech Super Thunder 98mm reloads
L2500ST-RMS - 50% off sale price $190.00
M4500ST-RMS- 50% off sale price $290.00
M6000ST-RMS- 50 % off sale price $350.00

This year's WM Club Wednesday sale did not have the exceptional AT deals, but did include the 20% CTI (last year there was a limit of one each),

I am hoping for some exceptional deals Saturday, as I did not place an order last night.

I'd be down for a Aerotech DMS and RMS sale. Even if it's only 5% off it's something.

No such luck this year.
No sales on AT products.
-20% on some CTI motors, but many of those are OOS.

Prices actually ticked up on many motors on the new/relaunched wilmanrocketry.com web site.
:y:

My credit card managed to come out unscathed so far. We'll see what happens on BF and BS.

Same here.
I'm now waiting on what MadCow will reveal on Friday at 10am EST.

a

I'm lucky to have Tim and Jackie as an on site vendor for our launches. Maybe that's why I get so irked with the way I see him and Jackie get treated after these sales by some people. Even one person ripping them seems unfair. All year I see him help more people, talk with anyone- even the kids, and help make the launches I can attend just a bit more fun.

Am I a bit biased/prejudiced to Wildman- you bet your sweet Jart I am.
Tim has always kept his word. He's forgotten fins in a box and after a brief phone call they were in transit next day at no expense. He singlehandly helped University of Tennessee Chattanooga place 3rd in SEDS competition out of twenty final competitors that launched, because he was able to swap materials from CF to fiberglass and offer some MD kits in a 2 for 1 deal after we went over budget in a salt flat. We modified the kits into a two stage ourselves at new lengths with a custom nose. We gladly got deals on his personal AT hardware when others were sold out. If that skidmark wouldn't have CATO'd I'd thank Tim for first place, but we got third on a single H with a motor failure in second stage.

He's got UTC SEDS team support for life and I buy reloads/kits from him. I think next year's team will do even better.

Bring back the Blackhawk 24!
This little kit has my attention. It's got potential in a small package especially with CTI 24mm 6 grainer casings. I'm wondering what the FCC wise will fit inside it for tracking.

This little kit has my attention. It's got potential in a small package especially with CTI 24mm 6 grainer casings. I'm wondering what the FCC wise will fit inside it for tracking.
The eggfinder mini, and altus metrum telemini will both fit. Likely the new missile works too. I have a plan for the blackhawk 24 ;-)

Sent from my LG-V521 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

No such luck this year.
No sales on AT products.
-20% on some CTI motors, but many of those are OOS.
a

You know... The Club sale is always a small selection of items and doesn't include everything that goes on sale on Black Saturday.
And for future reference, it's extremely rude to post about another vendor's site/sales on a thread about a specific vendor. Not just rude, but well... fill in the blank with words that are inappropriate for the forum.

Tim's prices for CTI 24mm reloads still beat another vendor not on sale. And that's non club pricing.

Ask CZTeacherman. He made a pact with dark forces in some sort of profane ritual, which summoned forth a five finned beast so demented, I dare not speak it’s name. And then he went and did his L3 on it.

Man oh man...
1) Adrian made the pact with the devil to make the 5-fin monstrosity.
2) Adrian GIFTED me that monstrosity (seriously, who does that? Adrian does; a man among men, to be sure)
3) As I spent time caressing the Gizmo XL-DD-V together, I fell madly in love. Not just with the Gizmo, but with 5 fins. So now, I deem it that all my custom rockets shall have 5 fins. You thought Jason's 4-fin Demon looks good (it does, it really does), just you wait until I get myself a 5-fin Demon. Y'all will be jealous.

Seen the Mac Black Fly? I'll be grabbing an upscale at some point. You know why? It's gorgeous. Because it's got 5 fins.

I could see it now... RSO yelling HEADS UP!!! And Rocketeers sipping straight Tequila in a brown bag eating raw habaneros to wash it down at the flaming crash site with a couple of million views on YouTube of a rocket chasing someone harmlessly. Bouncing all over everything on the ground.

Would anyone like to see Aerotech or CTI hardware go on sale too?

I could see it now... RSO yelling HEADS UP!!! And Rocketeers sipping straight Tequila in a brown bag eating raw habaneros to wash it down at the flaming crash site with a couple of million views on YouTube of a rocket chasing someone harmlessly. Bouncing all over everything on the ground.

Brown bag tequila? This is my kind of party...

*posted from the Texas/Mexico border*

Nate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Oh, man he just doesn't disappoint. I've put in my orders, but I'm sworn to secrecy as a dealer until noon saturday..... All I can say is that I'm 44K lighter this month......

Just to let you all know I am looking at this thread
there was supposed to be some Aerotech on sale last night but we missed it along with a couple other things with all of the problems.
We
Will
So
Our best won't be able to accommodate everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

You know... [...] it's extremely rude to post about another vendor's site/sales on a thread about a specific vendor. Not just rude, but well... fill in the blank with words that are inappropriate for the forum.

You know... Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

To you, and all the vendors who support our hobby.
The more, the merrier!

a

The 29 had real CF fins with milling marks. I'd imagine the 54, 75, and 98 are just larger variants.

Are the 75mm Blackhawk fins fiberglass or carbon fiber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have had this discussion with several close and knowledgeable friends and have decided to stick with the original plan.
The Blackhawk 24,29 have carbon fins. The Blackhawk 38-98 have High quality American made g10 fins.
There are a couple of specific reason for this.
The first one was cost- strength benefit ?
The justification for the added expense is just not there for what we are doing. Its just Bling, you shouldn't need solid carbon fins (it has been proven with the falcon) .
The fin weight should not be an issue.

What is the OD and ID of the tube size on the Blackhawk24? I can't find that information on the website.

Another batch of Blackhawk 24s... All I want for Black Saturday. Lol.

I would like to see something that covers the older classic kits, even if it is not that big of a discount. Shape Shifter, Eagle Claw, Wildman, who among us does not want a couple bucks off one of the originals.

At this point all I want is Free HAZMAT shipping on motors.
If WM doesn't have HAZMAT, then I'm not going to buy any motors.
I can't pay for HAZMAT & rocket motors.

Thanks,

How much does the Blackhawk 24 usually go for?

Thanks,

$80 normally due to it's carbon fiber tube, fins, shock cord, epoxy, and chute. It's meant for the HPR CTI 24mm 6 grain G L-1 loads that might shred lesser rockets using idk cardboard. Plus it has some fin jigs for alignment. I've printed my own nosecones for like $50 same with jigs before after doing CAD modeling, so stuff can add up quickly compared to buying a kit.

I waited to see if the Backhawk 24 would be on sale Saturday and it sold out. Now it's wait and see if it comes back, or see if a PLA nosecone will handle 1400ft/sec......

At this point all I want is Free HAZMAT shipping on motors.
If WM doesn't have HAZMAT, then I'm not going to buy any motors.
I can't pay for HAZMAT & rocket motors.

Thanks,

If you cannot afford the motors and shipping then you should either buy from a vendor onsite, or not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back