Special

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris, I got the Bruiser EXP 3 today but it looks like I am missing some parts and got the wrong versions of others.

It looks like I got the fins from a regular bruiser that do not extend all the way to the motor mount tube. I only got 1 altimeter bay end plate, and it does not have the through holes drilled for the all-thread. It seems like some eye bolts and other smaller hardware is missing as well as the launch lugs for the electronics sled.

It also did not have instructions with a full parts list so I cannot compare it.

Should I contact you offline or LOC to get things sorted?

Thanks.

Chris, I got the Bruiser EXP 3 today but it looks like I am missing some parts and got the wrong versions of others.

It looks like I got the fins from a regular bruiser that do not extend all the way to the motor mount tube. I only got 1 altimeter bay end plate, and it does not have the through holes drilled for the all-thread. It seems like some eye bolts and other smaller hardware is missing as well as the launch lugs for the electronics sled.

It also did not have instructions with a full parts list so I cannot compare it.

Should I contact you offline or LOC to get things sorted?

Thanks.
Send me an email please.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

E-mailed. Didn't get a message from the spam filter to authenticate so not sure if you got it or not.

E-mailed. Didn't get a message from the spam filter to authenticate so not sure if you got it or not.

I just got home from a launch, grabbed your email out of the trap, and sent it in to Loc for resolution. I wonder if the confirmation email went to your junk box?

Yup, and second box came yesterday. Fastest I've ever gotten a Black Friday rocket order...

And it was Loki stuff!

Mail has sucked this year, they are running 5 days on priority mail for me right now....they didn't even deliver here on Friday, but marked an attempt....found out today they claim they ran out of time. I truly appreciate the support, and I am tossing a few ideas in my head about another special to run soon.

Last edited:
It looks like they were for a 98mm motor tube, which would be rad but I think overkill for a cardboard rocket ;-)

Do you know if instructions with a full parts list are coming as well so I can check everything? I guess I am mostly worried getting the correct number of bulkheads.

Everything else looks good, can't wait to get building on it.

Thanks for handling things quick.

Yes. Anyone who ordered a Bruiser is getting replacement fins! Don't ask what happened, late night and long story!!! But fins are on the way. If you're missing anything else please let us know!!! The instructions for the EXP-3 didn't call for an E-bay but we added one in for everyone. And the destructions still have the old Loc-n-Fin which we did away with after some complaints.All fins WILL mount to the motor tube. You should have 3x 30" sections of airframe, and E-bay, an additional coupler and of course rings, 75MMT, tubular and a 78" chute! If anyone has questions just give us a call. We'll walk you through any confusion!

It looks like they were for a 98mm motor tube, which would be rad but I think overkill for a cardboard rocket ;-)

Do you know if instructions with a full parts list are coming as well so I can check everything? I guess I am mostly worried getting the correct number of bulkheads.

Everything else looks good, can't wait to get building on it.

Thanks for handling things quick.
See Locs post. If you need more, please send me an email and I'll get you squared away.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Yup, and second box came yesterday. Fastest I've ever gotten a Black Friday rocket order...

And it was Loki stuff!

This is more than worth repeating....
Anyone else???

David McCann said:
A 54/4000 is a waste in anything but an MD, and flyable no where near here....

Says who!?!

3 words David.

King Viper III.

I'm pretty sure Dave and the crew at LOC could make a Super King Viper III for the 54/4000's with out too much persuasion.

Here it is on 3 Loki L-1400's with 8,550Ns. That's a 9 foot tall rocket! Now just imagine three L-2050's with 14,407Ns!
L1400 Greg Muri King Viper 3.jpg

Anyone else???

Says who!?!

3 words David.

King Viper III.

I'm pretty sure Dave and the crew at LOC could make a Super King Viper III for the 54/4000's with out too much persuasion.

Here it is on 3 Loki L-1400's with 8,550Ns. That's a 9 foot tall rocket! Now just imagine three L-2050's with 14,407Ns!
View attachment 333609

i wish Loki was available around here I would love to give it a shot. Especially that I’m working on some larger 54mm projects.

How long is this 54 case? I can certainly make something happen!!! =)

Anyone else???

Says who!?!

3 words David.

King Viper III.

View attachment 333609

Yes. Anyone who ordered a Bruiser is getting replacement fins! Don't ask what happened, late night and long story!!!

I'm looking for a set of fins- if anyone is willing to get rid of the "old set" of fins, let me know- I need them for a "project" rocket :)

I'm looking for a set of fins- if anyone is willing to get rid of the "old set" of fins, let me know- I need them for a "project" rocket :)

Why do I see visions of a Bruiser with a 98 stove pipe in it!

I wish I had picked up one of the Bruisers

How long is this 54 case? I can certainly make something happen!!! =)

From the thrust ring to the forward end of the motor case - 43.32" Add another 1.625" to include the exposed length of the forward bulkhead. The second number is not exact but on the +.063" or so side.

Says who!?!

3 words David.

King Viper III.

That'd certainly be worth seeing.

In the context of responding to "a 76/6000 is useless on the east coast I'd rather have a 54/4000" I still reply to that poster with "Whut?"

That'd certainly be worth seeing.

In the context of responding to "a 76/6000 is useless on the east coast I'd rather have a 54/4000" I still reply to that poster with "Whut?"

Flown 98/18000 Research motors at Potter with zero issues; sort of. Of course the rocket weighed 165 pounds...... :)

Back