Special

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbonerocketeer

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a sale item listed, and will be adding more over the next few days. They will be listed in the November Sale category, and as usual are on stock items only. To start it out is a L3 Cert package deal. More to follow...so keep checking and refreshing
www.csrocketry.com

I just Made the sale better. The bruiser EXP-3 from Loc precision has been added and will make a great L3 kit. Go check it out under the Nov Sale section.

Last edited:
I have a sale item listed, and will be adding more over the next few days. They will be listed in the November Sale category, and as usual are on stock items only. To start it out is a L3 Cert package deal. More to follow...so keep checking and refreshing
www.csrocketry.com
Don't tempt me like this....

Ohhh. A sale on Loki! That never happens. I'm watching.

Don't tempt me like this....

Holy flashback, batman! I did my L3 in college when AMW offered a "Buy x reloads and get the hardware free" deal on 75-6000 loads and hardware.

Well before the days of Black weekend sales, as Mike said above, A sale on *AMW's*, that never happens!

De Ja Vu. Go Get 'em, Matt!

Holy flashback, batman! I did my L3 in college when AMW offered a "Buy x reloads and get the hardware free" deal on 75-6000 loads and hardware.

Well before the days of Black weekend sales, as Mike said above, A sale on *AMW's*, that never happens!

De Ja Vu. Go Get 'em, Matt!

I mean I'm working on the logistics of getting my L3 rocket down to UAH so I can redo it in the spring.... :grin:

Man, this deal is very tempting! I have the perfect rocket for one of these motors just waiting to be built... But I wasn't planning on that being my L3!

So, do I buy this combo and use the LOC 5.5 Sandhawk for my L3? :confused2:

hmmmmm...

How about a 54mm L3 combo?

+1.
I will actually buy that !

76/6000 is a lovely motor, but it only burns M-motors.
And those of us poor souls who fly in north-east, would have to travel out of state each and every time we wanted to burn one of those...
;-(

Now 54/4000 paired with 54/1200 == that could do some quick damage to my wallet !!!
:smile:

a

Last edited:
The 54/4000 is really a specialty motor, has a high labor and is worth the asking price. The 54/1200 doesn't share any components with it either,so it wouldn't be a bundle there either. The 76/6000 bundle is a killer deal, plus I've seen way bigger flown in the Northeast. The 54/4000 and a 76/6000 don't have that much difference, especially if you pick the M1200 Spitfire.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Last edited:
That gives me the shakes.

I gotta a Stretched Wildman rocket that could take that Loki M.

WM3.jpg

Built it 12 years ago and since I liked long necked rockets I extended the sustainer tube, "elongified" the upper bay, used a
10 inch coupler for the ebay. Alas, I couldn't fit two altimeters of the "day" in there along with a Beeline GPS so just flew
it on a Loki L1400 on a single MAWD and BeelineGPS 70cm. Got 10k and Mach 1 out of it. Flew arrow straight.

I have a new nosecone to modify for a tracker nose and now actually have enough room in that capricious ebay to
put two modern deployment devices in there.

Used Cotronics 4525B 500 degree F resistant glue on the thing. Only problem is it would likely break all the waivers
at the nearby venues available to me. Oh well, at least the potential is there if I ever get to travel to an appropriate launch
site. Kurt

The 54/4000 is really a specialty motor, has a high labor and is worth the asking price. The 54/1200 doesn't share any components with it either,so it wouldn't be a bundle there either. The 76/6000 bundle is a killer deal, plus I've seen way bigger flown in the Northeast. The 54/4000 and a 76/6000 don't have that much difference, especially if you pick the M1200 Spitfire.

+++++ on the high labor part. The phenolic nozzle is a nice piece o' work and I suspect the erosive properties of phenolic is integral to the success of the motor.

Kurt

That 76/6000 with a load is a killer deal, everyone who's on the edge about it should get it quick before others do!!!

So that's a negative on the 54mm L3 combo? The 76/6000 case won't fit in the rocket I am planning. Haha.

The 76/6000 bundle is a killer deal,

Chris,

Agree, the deal is attractive, if I could only find use for the 76/6000 motor in NY/NJ/CT area beyond a 3+ hour road trip for a the cert flight out of state.
Is any 76/6000 hardware reusable with other 76/xxxx motors?

Smoke bulkhead? Nozzle?

plus I've seen way bigger flown in the Northeast. The 54/4000 and a 76/6000 don't have that much difference, especially if you pick the M1200 Spitfire.

ME? MD? VA? upstate-NY? - sure.

NY/NJ/CT - any rocket I sim on an M-motor (54 or 76) goes up north of 8+K feet, while our local FAA waivers are in 4.5-5K range.
On the lighter 4-inchers, I'm simming north of 18K waivers for all fields and clubs I am aware of in the NorthEast.

Thus, I'm thinking AT DMS for the M-motor, and 54mm "everyday" motors for fun, to enjoy the show at heights below 5K waivers.

a

Chris,

Agree, the deal is attractive, if I could only find use for the 76/6000 motor in NY/NJ/CT area beyond a 3+ hour road trip for a the cert flight out of state.
Is any 76/6000 hardware reusable with other 76/xxxx motors?

Smoke bulkhead? Nozzle?

ME? MD? VA? upstate-NY? - sure.

NY/NJ/CT - any rocket I sim on an M-motor (54 or 76) goes up north of 8+K feet, while our local FAA waivers are in 4.5-5K range.
On the lighter 4-inchers, I'm simming north of 18K waivers for all fields and clubs I am aware of in the NorthEast.

Thus, I'm thinking AT DMS for the M-motor, and 54mm "everyday" motors for fun, to enjoy the show at heights below 5K waivers.

a
My L3 rocket was 7.5" diameter, went 3700ft on the M1882.

Sorry. Just loaded the Rocketry Forum app on my phone. Still getting used to it. I was trying to do a search for 'THE CATO TO END ALL CATOS.' Apparently, I entered 'cato' on the thread line instead of search line.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

I just Made the sale better. The bruiser EXP-3 from Loc precision has been added and will make a great L3 kit. Go check it out under the Nov Sale section.

76/6000 is a lovely motor, but it only burns M-motors.
And those of us poor souls who fly in north-east, would have to travel out of state each and every time we wanted to burn one of those...

Now 54/4000 paired with 54/1200 == that could do some quick damage to my wallet !!!

Umm... .a 76/6000 is flyable in several places in the NE. A 54/4000 is a waste in anything but an MD, and flyable no where near here....and bundled with a 1200? huh? So confused.

Get the 76/6000 and come visit us in Potter. I've got one in my basement now waiting to light off next spring.

A quick question...

This deal is for 76mm hardware. What is the compatibility like with Aerotech 75mm hardware? I know it is obviously only 1mm larger, but does that mean it can be a tight fit in some of the 75mm motor mount tubes?

David

A quick question...

This deal is for 76mm hardware. What is the compatibility like with Aerotech 75mm hardware? I know it is obviously only 1mm larger, but does that mean it can be a tight fit in some of the 75mm motor mount tubes?

David
Loki 76 and AT 75 are the same. It's actually about 75.6mm IIRC so it's just different rounding.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Back