trying to locate a book need help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
I remember back in the mid 1980s more like 1985-1989 time frame That I borrowed a book through
the local library through the Inter Library Loan Program. The Inter Library Loan Program does not keep records that far back.
Only 10-15 years max

The title was something like

Rockets Of The World

Sounding Rockets Of the World

Rockets And Missiles Of The World

I think it was a first or second edition copy, as the book was on the old side and it was a hardback
I believe most or all of the photos were in back and white .

The rockets were grouped by country of design .

This book had some photos of the French Meteorological Rocket ( sounding rocket ) called "Monica"
Attached is a photo that I know was included in the book

The Book was NOT by Mr Peter Alway

Thanks for any help / assistance

monica-1__1.jpg

If you don't get a host of replies here, I would email your question to Mr. Alway. I'd lay odds that if he doesn't have the book in his library, he certainly knows what it is.

The hardback cover was plain with no photo if I remember correctly.
The book was broken down by individual countries then the rockets themselves.
For example; Japan, then rockets built by Japan
The copyright of the book had to be before the early 1980s as that is when I got it through inter library loan.

What did the cover look like?

I have heard rumors of a website where you can post a photograph and the website can give a reference of where the photo originated or was posted in . Anyone else heard of this website ?

Guy

That looks promising .
If I could see the books index page I could tell you real quick if that was the book
It had a section on early French Rockets like the Veroniqe and the Monica . The Monica is the one I am looking for

Thanks for the searching guys !

I have heard rumors of a website where you can post a photograph and the website can give a reference of where the photo originated or was posted in . Anyone else heard of this website ?

Google Images. Instead of entering a phase, either paste in the url of a picture or just drag the pic onto the textbox. If you're trying to search a Facebook pic, you have to view and drag it from 'theater mode' instead of from an inline post

Guy

That looks promising .
If I could see the books index page I could tell you real quick if that was the book
It had a section on early French Rockets like the Veroniqe and the Monica . The Monica is the one I am looking for

Thanks for the searching guys !

Who made them? It might be productive to contact the manufacturers directly. I have to say the way you said the rockets were arranged country by country sounds like Jane's as well. They don't use cover art either.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...520CD1EC754E32888EFBF53AC5E9C0359&FORM=IQFRBA

Using Bing gave me this. I need to check the link....

Ok, it worked. There's a real nice illustration when you scroll down a bit. Hope this helps :)

Back