*Looking* for Control by Defy Gravity or Mission Control by Rocketmotion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneCoins

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm working on a special project where I need to airstart some engines and firing a recovery pyro charge after. However, I want a failsafe that will lock out firing up the engines if they don't light in time, thus firing the recovery pyro charge sooner. I heard that the "Control" or "mission control" flight computer could work for this.

My question too all of you is are they still for sale and here? And if not, do any of you have any you would be willing to sell?

I'm also open to other ideas. I originally considered using a mini timer 4 in conjunction with a cf 45.

You may be able to find one someone has stashed away in a dust-covered box, but may be better off with a newer generation accelerometer-based altimeter like a MARSA54L, Altus Metrium TeleMega or Featherweight Raven3. All should be able to do conditional firing of charges based on expected altitude and acceleration limits in your nominal flight profile.

From the Ether...

I have a used one in a dust-covered box, with the software and some spare Molex connectors to wire it up too! Let me know if you're interested.

David

Not to take anything away from David but expect a high learning curve with the Mission Control device. There was a v1, v2 and allegedly a v3 though I don't know if the v3 was ever released. This device could be programmed to do just about anything.
If you acquire one make sure you get the special serial cable that came with it as you had to power the interface with a 9V battery in order to work with it. Also an older computer with serial DB9 sockets might be easier to work with. How old?
I got an old Toshiba Pentium 150Mhz laptop that worked with mine. Kurt

I have a used one in a dust-covered box, with the software and some spare Molex connectors to wire it up too! Let me know if you're interested.

David

Wow, a lob coming in from the far extremities of TRF?!! Go Dr. Reese! :fly:

Back