Wildman's holiday sales

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an update
We have all but one of the Wednesday’s orders discounted and refunded.
We have all of the Saturday orders printed and grouped the multiple orders.
We are now in the process of fixing the discounts for non club members and the glitch with the g and i motors for club members.
At the same time trying to figure out shipping since that wasn’t working properly either

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

At what point am I supposed to show the certification? This is my first high power order and I never had any way to submit proof of certification.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

When I was in that situation last year I just emailed a photo (from my phone) of my NAR card showing L1 to Tim. Received my J motor still sitting in wait for my L2 planned for spring 2018...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Rocketry Forum mobile app

If you are just buying one L1 motor, he might not ask for certification.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

At what point am I supposed to show the certification? This is my first high power order and I never had any way to submit proof of certification.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I emailed a scan of my NAR and TRA cards this morning to Tim at Wildmanhobbies -dot- com. Mine show L2, but I explained one of the motors is for my L3, and gave the contact info for my L3CC member. Got conformation that everything was ok within a few hours.

"Guys due to the website screw ups this year we are willing to bend a little with the end time .
I have already done so for many people .
If you want to add a motor you could not find get it ordered tonight and put Tim said it was ok in the note section and I will take care of it ."

So we can order another Dark Matter motor or two tonight and still get the 35% discount?

Guys due to the website screw ups this year we are willing to bend a little with the end time .
I have already done so for many people .
If you want to add a motor you could not find get it done tonight and put Tim said it was ok in the note section and will take care of it .

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum
Would you be able to swap a motor? I couldn't find my #1 choice for my L1 motor but when I looked afterward it popped up.

If not that's not a big deal, the motor I got is fine.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Update: Talked to Jackie today and she said no problem on honoring the BF prices. Adding to the "yup, wildman is awesome" crowd. Darkstar Mini is on the way. I know most of you lunatics ;) will put the biggest motor possible in, but I'm wondering about using this for park flying ... Could it fly on an Estes 29mm black powder motor?

My motor of choice for small fields with these heavier fiberglass kits is the Aerotech F44-4W single-use. Plenty of thrust for a safe speed off the pad and gets 400-500 feet in my Punisher Sport.

lol, I remember buying my 1st high power motor from Tim...was standing in his house at the time :).
Rex

My motor of choice for small fields with these heavier fiberglass kits is the Aerotech F44-4W single-use. Plenty of thrust for a safe speed off the pad and gets 400-500 feet in my Punisher Sport.
I LOVE the economax motors both the F44 and the G74. Looking forward to the upcoming F67 (no hazmat) too!

They are also a lot of fun in really light rockets on larger fields. F44 in a stock estes mega mosquito, G74 in a stock star orbiter ... good times.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Would you be able to swap a motor? I couldn't find my #1 choice for my L1 motor but when I looked afterward it popped up.

If not that's not a big deal, the motor I got is fine.

If so I am order #1141, I would like to swap my H90 classic for an H54 white longburn.

Call Wildman Hobbies and explain this to them...

Teddy

I was looking for them and just figured I was out of luck. Didn't realize they were available.
I know I will get flamed for this but once again not the smartest time to test out a new website. I would have certainly added 2 or 3 of those motors to my order instead of piling on K1103s and K185s.

Did you give Wildman a call ???
Catch him before it ships and he can help you..

Teddy

We are now in the process of fixing the discounts for non club members and the glitch with the g and i motors for club members.

I received my invoice adjustment for the Club member pricing glitch. Thanks again.

I got an email today saying that my motors are expected to come this Friday!
Kudos to Wildman for getting me these motors so fast!

Thanks,

Based on this thread, it looks like I'll be one of the first customers to receive my order! It should be here later today and includes a Cert 3 XL, Cert 3 Drogue, Rocketpoxy, and some igniters. This is my 7th consecutive year of buying from Wildman's sale and definitely the fastest turnaround I have ever had. Probably due to the fact that I didn't order anything from Aerotech for the first time, but still an impressive turnaround time. Great job Wildman!

I received my order today. Everything looks great!
Again, Kudos to Wildman & all of his elves!! :)

Thanks,

My delivery of motors and other goodies is scheduled to deliver today/tonight. And now it figures, its going to snow tomorrow so our launch tomorrow is canceled and I can't burn any of them! Oh well, looking forward to many, many good flights on this supply!

Thanks Tim for another great sale and your year round great service! :)

Stopped by Wildman's after the QCRS launch to pick up my Black Saturday order and just had to tell everyone about it. When I got there Tim was working on filling orders. While he was filling my order he did not have the injected nosecone I ordered, so he offered me a filament wound metal tipped upgrade at no cost (what a guy).

Also, while I was there I asked Tim about making me a custom Wildman kit, thinking he could get back to me after things settled down. Instead he figured out what was needed, the cost and made the kit for me while I was there. He even sold me a couple Onebadhawk harnesses for it at the Black Saturday price.

He did all of this while I was continually picking his brain for all of the knowledge I could get. This has been my first experience buying from Wildmans. I knew he had some fiercely loyal customers and now I know why. Consider me one as well. Thanks Tim and Jackie!!

Jeff Gebhardt
QCRS, Princeton, IL

He did all of this while I was continually picking his brain for all of the knowledge I could get. This has been my first experience buying from Wildmans. I knew he had some fiercely loyal customers and now I know why. Consider me one as well. Thanks Tim and Jackie!!

Just be glad you made it out of there! I heard there are rocketeers in there that got lost years ago, and were found living among the fiberglass months later.

Where are you located, btw?

Just be glad you made it out of there! I heard there are rocketeers in there that got lost years ago, and were found living among the fiberglass months later.

I did mention to Tim that he must have a very strong will to sell all that stuff instead of fly it.

I'm in Plainfield, IL.

I've seen folks go into Tim's trailer to buy a pack of B6-4s, and come out w/ one or more FG kits, motor hardware(and reloads), and have to go back in because they still needed the B6-4s :). to be truthful though Tim does not do any arm twisting, the billfold depletion is voluntary :).
Rex

I've seen folks go into Tim's trailer to buy a pack of B6-4s, and come out w/ one or more FG kits, motor hardware(and reloads), and have to go back in because they still needed the B6-4s :). to be truthful though Tim does not do any arm twisting, the billfold depletion is voluntary :).

Admit it Rex- that was you :)

Back