Wildman's holiday sales

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the Jr. version. First time at QCRS was at Midwest Power 15. I met Jackie and had a nice chat. Tim was busy working the Wildman trailer. The QCRS field is 2+ hours South West of me (w/ avg. highway speed of 75mph). But, I do plan on visiting QCRS at least 2 times next summer.

Edit: I've never been to a Bong launch.
Where are you? I'm in Rockford and fly at QCRS and Bong regularly... You've got to be in my neck of the woods

Adrian- I’ll let you check out mine. I guess I know what my L3 will consist of Ultimate Interceptor on an M2500 with some of Teddy’ awesome harnesses.

Awesome Russ. Great to see you going forward on the L3 again. If you need a case, let me know. That'll save you some coin to getRdone and you can find your own cases later.

Thanks Tim, Jackie, and the elves! Placed another nice sized order for some more goodies this morning. The website worked great! I know you have a mountain of work ahead of you processing all of these orders. Just know we appreciate all the sweat which goes into it from your end! :)

Now to contact my Congressman and see if they can work an AP deduction into the new tax bill making its way through Washington. I know a lot of us would have one huge write off after Wednesday and today! :wink:

I'm a Chi-town native. North side.

Well cripes, then there's no excuse for you not to slide up to Bong fly with us... Just bring your mosquito spray and good boots. And a tracker. Yup, bring a tracker, ya know, just in case... :wink:

Awesome Russ. Great to see you going forward on the L3 again. If you need a case, let me know. That'll save you some coin to getRdone and you can find your own cases later.

Should be set on the case was part of the sale today with the motor. Thanks for the offer.

Not too far. My wife grew up in Mayfair, Lawrence and Elston

Kool! Nice meeting people from the "Hood".

Well cripes, then there's no excuse for you not to slide up to Bong fly with us... Just bring your mosquito spray and good boots. And a tracker. Yup, bring a tracker, ya know, just in case... :wink:

Yeppers, I plan on trying some of the bigger fields around here. Actually need to as the size of my rockets seem to be growing exponentially with each new build....

Couldn't resist the 35% on DM loads. Grabbed a couple of each available in 29mm and 38mm. Since I was paying hazmat already, tossed in a few G74 economax .... those are awesome in Estes PSII!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Kool! Nice meeting people from the "Hood".

Yeppers, I plan on trying some of the bigger fields around here. Actually need to as the size of my rockets seem to be growing exponentially with each new build....

I grew up on the North Side. Now known as Wrigleyville. Wilton and Waveland is where I grew up. Mom, still has a brownstone there.

Plenty of choices of fields in the area.

OK, no more Chicagoland talk! When is Tim gonna have a 5" Blue Demon I can add to my stable?!!!

From the Ether...

Anyone else notice that the H550 Super Thunder reload for 38mm and the non-HAZMAT 38mm loads (H123W, I161W) were missing from the site? Not complaining, got plenty of alternative stuff, but I've been meaning to try that Super Thunder and the H123 is a great little motor for keeping light 38mm mount birds in sight.

Anyone else notice that the H550 Super Thunder reload for 38mm and the non-HAZMAT 38mm loads (H123W, I161W) were missing from the site? Not complaining, got plenty of alternative stuff, but I've been meaning to try that Super Thunder and the H123 is a great little motor for keeping light 38mm mount birds in sight.

It is there. At least now. I didn't order one so I can't confirm it was there this morning.

I bought a couple H130Ws for the 38/240 case this morning - is that an updated version of the H123W?Nevermind, I searched for the 123W and it's on the website, just not listed under the 38/240 motors. Interesting. Probably just a wrinkle to iron out with the new site.

So it looks like the H123 is on the site, but you have to search it specifically - not listed in the 38/240 section. I think the H130W is the HAZMAT version? Can't find the I161 anywhere. The H550 DMS version is on the site, but not the reload version. The DMS motors weren't listed as on sale, so I passed on that one for now. Like I said, not really complaining, just some good products that seem to have gotten lost in the transition.

Dark Matter DMS motors were on the sale... I got a few (love the H115DM... great motor for those little 38mm rockets).

Dark Matter DMS motors were on the sale... I got a few (love the H115DM... great motor for those little 38mm rockets).

Same here, a couple more I327DM loads probably destined for the Sea Wolf again. A very cool motor for sure.

Sea Wolf Sparky.png

Same here, a couple more I327DM loads probably destined for the Sea Wolf again. A very cool motor for sure.
attachment.php

WOW, that's a great shot! Gotta love that Dark Matter!
I fly the H115 in my dual deploy Argent:

2014-04-27ArgentonH115DM.jpg

The sale on Dark Matter provoked me to add a few extra motors to my list. G75, H178, I327, J450, K456 and the new K850.

Received an text yesterday saying that my card had been credited by Wildman for the sale price adjustment. Tim and Jackie must have worked all day on Thursday and Friday managing this sale. Great prices and great customer service!

Last edited:

The H550 is a major pain because the same designation applies to two motors, both super thunder but one DMS and one reload. Similarly it used to be impossible to buy a K650 pink because when you clicked on it you got the smoker with the same name instead.

Of course, maybe both were missing from the sale!

Ok, total damage...
The wife got a 5"Goblin and loves it.
I landed on the L1250DM because why not?! RocketPoxy, of course. And a bunch of misc hardware stuff I needed. All in all, a good day.

I ordered the following 5 motors that priced out at 25% off instead of the WM club 30%

(38/360) I245G
(38/360) I357T
(38/480) I300T
(38/600) I284W
(38/600) I435T

All of the rest of the motors priced out with the correct 30% discount.

I suspect the correction will be made later....

Back